Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 12:18:51 AM EDT
My friend, Ron (Gunmonkey) did something totally awesome for me today. Check this action out:

Today he handed me a box full of the following: Brand-new (to me) black 20" furniture camo-ed up with a neat "desert sage" pattern, GG&G rail, Knights vertical fore grip, A2-length stock and pistol grip and a Spectre spare magazine pouch.

Wasn't that sweet? In the words of Jimi Hendrix "Excuse me while I kiss this guy."

This rifle is built on a 20" A2 HBAR (we think it's an Olympic, who knows?) upper, DPMS lower with match trigger. All I need to get this rifle finished is to thread the barrel, add a Vortex or Phantom, bipod mount, tac sling and optic (and a boatload of magazines) and I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My friend, Ron (Gunmonkey) did something totally awesome for me today. Check this action out:
mudflap.zeroesunlimited.com/Ron's_kickass_paintjob.jpg
mudflap.zeroesunlimited.com/Ron's_kickass_paintjob__1.jpg
mudflap.zeroesunlimited.com/Ron's_kickass_paintjob_2.jpg
mudflap.zeroesunlimited.com/Ron's_kickass_paintjob_3.jpg
mudflap.zeroesunlimited.com/Ron's_kickass_paintjob_4.jpg

Today he handed me a box full of the following: Brand-new (to me) black 20" furniture camo-ed up with a neat "desert sage" pattern, GG&G rail, Knights vertical fore grip, A2-length stock and pistol grip and a Spectre spare magazine pouch.

Wasn't that sweet? In the words of Jimi Hendrix "Excuse me while I kiss this guy."

This rifle is built on a 20" A2 HBAR (we think it's an Olympic, who knows?) upper, DPMS lower with match trigger. All I need to get this rifle finished is to thread the barrel, add a Vortex or Phantom, bipod mount, tac sling and optic (and a boatload of magazines) and I'm good to go.

You should probably know the lyrics before you try to quote them!

Brokeback!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
looks good.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
MeanSteve, I think that went right over everyones head!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
MeanSteve, I think that went right over everyones head!!

+1

I'm a youngin' but even I know of the controversy surrounding that particular line from Purple Haze. It was widely thought that he said "Kiss this guy" but it was in fact "Kiss the sky".

I am pretty sure MeanSteve was implying a joke.....but in return he got accused of misquoting.

Nice rifle by the way!!!!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#7]
"excuse me while I kiss his thigh".
nice gun bro
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#9]
nice!

what kinda paint?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Did you say, "I can't quit you!" when he gave you the belated Valentines gift?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
nice!

what kinda paint?

He used three cans of Krylon camo spray paint and some plastic fishtank foliage for a mask. It also appears that he tore some jagged strips of masking tape for the heavy brown transverse stripes.

Quoted:
Looks great, have you thought about having him do the receivers as well?

When I first saw it all put together, I was all DANG DOGG, WE NEED TO DO THIS TO THE RECEIVER! I don't know yet if I should, as it would make a big hit on the resale value of the rifle. Setting up a camo furniture set is simple vanity anyway, as I don't think the coyotes and jackrabbits care one way or another if the rifle that's shooting at them is 100% black or only 47% black.

Quoted:
I think that went right over everyones head!!

It sure did! See folks, literacy is FUNdamental. If more people took the time to actually read things, they'd find the witticisms subtly hidden in the topics about which many people write. However the joke I made was as subtle as a sledgehammer to the groin.

Anywho! Thanks guys. I'm so totally stoked about my new rifle. Think I might go try and get some trigger time in before the sun sets tonight.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL..."Kiss this guy"!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice job, gotta have itleast one camo AR.

TG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top