Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:06:43 PM EDT
Okay, this isn't one of those..."I have a friend...." posts, but then again, maybe it is.  My boss is pretty much convinced he wants an AR now, after seeing pics of mine and another one of the office buddies.  But in discussing all the pros and cons of all the makes and models, kits, etc, he's just getting more and more confused.

So, keeping a tax return spending limit of $1500, I'm sure he's getting more, but that's all the Mrs. will allow him, .....what should he get?

We've pretty much narrowed down the search to something with a rail system, 16 to 20" barrel, flash suppressor, A3 flat top upper (removable handle would be nice but not necessary), and at that price range probably not anything with a piston system in it (so that rules out waiting for the new Colt or the DSA Z4).  He has quite the collections of Sigs and Smith pistols, and almost every caliber of hunting long guns, usually buying top of the line models (in case he ever has to trade them off or sell them).

With that thought in mind, the resale value if the need comes up, I told him to narrow his choices down to maybe the ABC's  (Armalite, Bushy, or Colt), but what about RRA or DPMS?  Any help would be appreciated, as I could just print it out and show him the unbiased majority vote...from the Arfcom crowd.   Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sabre Defence is First class Top of the line.
You won't be sorry,
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If your looking for a quality AR keep your choices  within the following Manufactures.

Bushmaster
RRA
Colt
Armalite

I personally would recommend the Bushmaster Parolmens Carbine
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top