Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:28:25 PM EDT
How do I get this thing off? Does it take a special tool? it seems to me the notched ring on the outside of the reciever serves as a lock ring am I wrong? If so where do I get the tool that takes it off? And just for reference it is a collapsible stock that came with a RRA lower reciever.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Cock the hammer, depress the buffer retainer, and pull the buffer and its spring forward out of the receiver extension.

2. Remove the buttstock from the receiver extension (buffer tube) by pulling straight down on the latch and pulling rearward.

3. Loosen the castle nut with spanner wrench.

4. Remove the takedown pin's spring and detent.

5. Remove the receiver extension while holding the buffer retainer in place.

6. Remove buffer retainer and spring.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just took these pics today! DPMS Stock Wrench and Combo Wrench. Most of the major kit sellers and mfgrs sell these tools.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]

AR0165  Tactical CAR Stock Wrench

Engages the lock nut on the Tactical CAR stock. $6.00

www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR0150&storeid=1&image=tools.gif&CFID=3774096&CFTOKEN=43111619

Best wrench I found for RRA stocks  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Do these wrenches come with CAR's?  I got my preban a few weeks ago, owner gave me alot of extra's but no wrench.  I did change my stock over to an A1 stock, when I went to take the slider off, it was finger tight.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I took off the 6 pos. stock on my RRA lower a couple weeks ago. You need the CAR spanner wrench. I got one from Bushmaster for $6.00. Also be aware that there is BLUE loctite on the threads under the castle nut. After removing the plastic stock I heated the castle nut with a propane torch. I was lucky and it only required a little heat to get the wrench to brake the castle nut loose. It was a 5 min. job after that.  Do a search with loctite as the keyword and check out the posts and the link I was given when faced with the same issue. The folks here helped me out alot. Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help yeah I have ran into the loctite issue I think, that stinkin nut is on there real good!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#7]
One more question is the castle nut reverse threaded or is it the regular righty tighty lefty loosey?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
btt
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top