Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 1:39:45 PM EDT
3x20 A2 scope with the carry handle setup lever. Only markings on it is CJA at the top front with 3X20 on a line under it. Range/bullet drop comp built into the top of the up/down sight adjustment. Very good to excellent condition but no box. Paid $20 out the door at a hole in the wall "antique" shop. It is a very well made, solid, bright clear scope with a black body, does not look as if it was mounted at all or maybe only once or twice.

So any one know who made it? I would assume whoever CJA is did, but what manf is that? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like one of the old colt style scopes
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sounds like one of the old colt style scopes

Yep, I have a real one that is a 4X20 that is an almost exact match except for the name. Trying to find out if it was a clone or a Colt. Either way, $20 bucks is all I am out. The lens coatings match very well, nothing like the Chinese lens coating colors. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Nobody knows who CJA is? Man..........SOMEONE has to.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
At one time I had a Colt 3x20 and it had a "made in Japan" on it. I don't recall much else except htat it was a heavy little bugger for it's size. Pretty sure it had a "Colt" on it as well.  Probably pretty sturdy.

Bill
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I know my 4x20 has a made in Japan on it but this one does not. However, except for the markings and the power level, they are Identical. It is a pretty solid piece of kit, and machined and  lathe turned, not some cheap casting or stamping.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]
In the AR scope replicas I have seen so far, they range in price from $25 (Leapers), $45, and $69.  I wonder if any of these are the same and who makes them.
WKM
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top