Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:57:52 AM EDT
Every resource at my disposal has failed so I turn here....

I require specifications for both the AR15 procuded by Colt and the DPMS.
When I say specifications I mean everything from Long Range Accuracy,
Toloerances of Parts used in them,  down to Cycle to Failure rates.

Now to begin with we need a standard.... so lets say

Factory standard w/ 20" bull barrell @ 100yd +- 10'

That should settle this problem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:02:01 AM EDT
[#1]
That's quite the tall order!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I require specifications for both the AR15 procuded by Colt and the DPMS.

When/If you find it let us know.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Alrighty then

I need the winning Powerball numbers for tonight's drawing and I need them at least 1 hour before tonights drawing!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:20:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That is because what you are asking for a lot! As Stickman says, you would surely need to retain the services of a firearms researcher that has access to the factory specs and could perform the actual product analysis, testing and NDE -- To determine the MTBF would require several samples of each firearm, as well as samples for control, agreements would have to be made to republish some of the manufacturing specifications that you seek and I am sure these figures would not be free... and most likely limited.

This would be a rather lengthy and expensive project... do you want the results spiral or book bound?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
(sigh) had a break so I check to see how it going and im getting offers from ppl wanting to run a study on my dime....

hell with it i will buy the DPMS version and deal with it....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Please don't get hung up on too many technicalities.No matter what the past data is you can still fall anywhere along a sucess/failure curve,so all such data is nothing more than a way to blow 100 research hours. Spend a few hours reading this board and I'm sure you'll find enough data from real worl users (albeit in our small percentile) to make all the educated decisions you need to. hy.gif
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
(sigh) had a break so I check to see how it going and im getting offers from ppl wanting to run a study on my dime....

hell with it i will buy the DPMS version and deal with it....

DPMS is a good choice and less expensive than a Colt.  Stick with Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS or Rock River Arms.  All are good.  There are some lesser known companies turning out good products, also.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Hmm.....  Tell me why is it that after you ask about something someone posts almost excactly what you are looking for somewhere else like the AR15 Brand Comparison in the general firearms section of the armory forum which is what I was after in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hmm..... Tell me why is it that after you ask about something someone posts almost excactly what you are looking for somewhere else like the AR15 Brand Comparison in the general firearms section of the armory forum which is what I was after in the first place

Dude, I suggest you drop the attitude and get real. I then suggest you spend some time looking around and less time bitching because you don’t like the answers you got to your unrealistic questions.

You do realize this site has a search function don’t you? Do you realize that the thread you are talking about is a “tacked” thread that is over 3 years old? It’s not like it was hidden or hard to find. Maybe if you would have spent some time looking around a little before posting then maybe you would have seen it?

Regardless, all the chart you referred to is, is a listing of basic features and differences between the most commonly available AR’s at that time. How in the hell does that answer questions like…

Quoted:

Clue #1 – It doesn’t.

Quoted:

That should be clue #2 for you. The reason why that vast resource pool that you apparently have at your disposal is failing you is because no one has any factual answers to the specific questions you are asking.

If you just want to know which is better, Colt or DPMS then just ask "Which is better Colt or DPMS". Just realize ahead of time that the shit storm a thread like that starts is filled with about 99% opinion and many of those opinions are not based on fact or first hand experience. While some things like specifications and materials can be listed\documented, the other stuff you want to know simply does not exist in any meaningful and factual hard data type of way.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#11]
No serious research involves polling an online forum.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#12]
The only place that might have what you are looking for would be the US Army. Try the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top