Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:30:21 PM EDT
Has anyone used these?

Are they a good Muzzle brake and Flash hider or a flashhider only?

I am looking for a muzle break for a 13" bbl Machinegun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the Noveske would be an excellent choice for a 13" MG.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Has anyone used these?

I shot a fellow ARFcommer's 11.5" M16 with a Noveske on it, and it was amazingly effective. No noticeable flash AT ALL. I was very impressed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Has anyone used these?

I don't believe that the KFH functions as a muzzle brake, but it is supposed to do a decent job as a flashhider.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I was told by Noveske that the Krink breaks are not made for continous full auto fire.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I put a call into his office.  No response.

I am thinking about hte MSTN brake also as some folks seem to beleive that the Noveske is only a flashhider.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Has anyone used these?

I ordered mine in nov still not recvd . spoke with them twice and emailed twice said it's on the way ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I talked to JohnNovesketoday.  He actually returned my call personally.

He stated that they are bringing out a Krink brake that is designed for full auto.  i ordered one of those.

Mr, Noveske indicated that the flash hider does act as a compensator. "It has compensator proeprties."

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#9]
We put around 1,500 rounds through MisterJG's 10.5in LW gas piston with a KX3 including a bunch of C-mag dumps! We beat the tar out of it....but it ran fine.

Simon
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I put a call into his office.  No response.

I am thinking about hte MSTN brake also as some folks seem to beleive that the Noveske is only a flashhider.

the mstn brake is a bit quieter than others but still LOUD then paired with the short bbl. its gonna be a cannon!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Regarding noise.  I remember reading an article in Small Arms Review (and probably still have it somewhere) that indicated that a reduction in DB was shown using a Bulgarian Krink break on an AK and even though there was a measureable decrease in DB the Krink break was not considered a sound suppressor by ATF.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I would like to see one of these up close- assuming anyone in Houston has one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top