Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:37:46 PM EDT
 I would like to talk to anyone that hs a 16" V-Match or  V-Match barreled AR?

IM or Email
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Howdy,
I just got my Bushmaster V-Match Carbine a couple of weeks ago and I love it! I'm going to use it on Coyotes and other predators and would like to get some praire dogs sooner or later.

I put a Burris Ballistic plex 3x9x40mm on it. I went to the desert here in Az to sight it in and put 6 shots within 1.0"  group,  with one floater at 1.5" all at 200 yards! NOT KIDDING

I just wish that the free floated aluminum hand guard had a tapped hole for a bipod mount like the Varminter has. That's alright though because I work in a machine shop so I'll do it myself if I want it bad enough.   Sportsmans Warehouse had it for $819

One word... SWEEEEET !
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
i appreciate the response
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to know what kind of groups people are getting with the 16" or 20" V-match.  I want to put together an upper with a 20" chrome lined, free floated barrel for varmint shooting. I know I should get a SS barrel but if chrome can get decent groups that would be great.  Thanks...and I hope you dont mind  me posting in your thread.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont mind, I just hope more people will respond. I need a 16" gun and I also have been thinking about the SS varmint barrels, but if the 16" V Match will do it, it will be cheaper for me to put together.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Unless you're punching paper for numbers, the 16 or 20 inch V-match is more than accurate enough for most people. I've got a 16" that I've owned for 4 or 5 years. I strictly reload, but just about anything I throw together will be group under 1", and if I really try, little "clovers" are possible. An upgrade to the factory trigger is a requiremnt though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:11:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 16in. The stock trigger is strictly MilSpec. Other than that, it is a great shooter.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
have a 16". Shoots sub moa at 100 yards with BM two stage.  great little gun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#8]
dp
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently picked up a 16" V-Match from Sportsman's too. The price is right. It is going to be my calling gun. I will be mounting the scope and hitting the range this week. I will report back with results.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Bushmaster V-Match 20".
It is stock, but I do have a scope on it.

At 100 yards mine is shooting 1.5"-1.75" 10 shot groups with Federal XM193PD.
I am pretty sure I will get smaller groups with better ammo, but I have a lot of Fed (PD)
that needs to get shot up.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Shot my 16" V-Match for the first time today. I shot a couple 1.00" five shot groups at 100 yards with Winchester white box fmj. Now that I am sighted-in I am going to shoot some better loads and find out what it likes. I should be able to shrink these groups with better loads and maybe a better trigger. I am very pleased so far. I have a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 mounted with an Armalite one-piece. This is my first AR and it is very different to shoot for me. It is going to take some getting used to.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top