Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 5:27:44 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I had major problems trying to install one of these type swivel mounts that a lot of people sell:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/slings/12598617k.asp

What happens is I can't fit it between my FSB and barrel on my bushmaster M4 without having to pound the ends flat to slip it under the FSB.

Now I see brownells has this one:
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=4521&title=M-4+USGI+BARREL+MOUNT+SWIVEL
The end looks way different so I was wandering if this is a misprint or that is how they are.

Can anyone take some close up pics of the swivel mount and let me know which "factory" colt one they have.  For all I know they can have the same type of lips that I will still have a problem.

My barrel is the M4 profile which I believe is the .750 size under the FSB.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Beware if ordering the one from Brownell's.  The unit comes completely disassembled meaning the sling loop isn't riveted to the mount.

I have run both the Colt and RRA units on my Colts and they work perfectly.  You may have a tolerance issue with the space between the FSB and the barrel.  Bushy isn't known to mind the details too much.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
OK I just looked at the RRA and it looks like it only fits one size barrel but doesn't say which?

www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR0161&storeid=1&image=adptrs8.gif&CFID=3111583&CFTOKEN=39625192

Any ideas???
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It fits standard heavy barrels (.750").  Incidentally, the Colt and RRA units carry the same part number and look virtually identical.  I get mine here.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny I don't see them listed under sling mounts???

Forget it, I found them.  I guess it is worth a shot to try it.  You don't happen to have any pictures of yours do you?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the only pic I have.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya not the side I am looking for.  Thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ya not the side I am looking for.  Thanks anyway.

I found a pic of the other side.  Check it out now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:19:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I am going to try the RRA mount and see if that works.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:32:44 AM EDT
[#9]
The RRA and the Colt are identical.  If you're having trouble then it has something to do with your tolerances on your front sight or your installation method.  Perhaps you could post a pic of the problem you're having.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:01:01 AM EDT
[#10]
The Bushmaster product.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:02:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered the RRA mount, so if I have problems with that I will post pics and let you know.
It looks like I only have a 2-3mm gap between the FSB and the barrel.

Hopefully by the weekend I will have the part.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top