Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:48:12 PM EDT
I really wanted a midlength carbine, but I didnt want to wait 6-10 weeks for RRA to make more. so I bought the CAR-A4 Im wondering if I put the Fat Boy Gas Tube and a low profile gas bock and a midlength hangaurd/rail system on if it would basically be the same as a midlength gas system.?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/Dirknar77/DirksGuns002.jpg
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are having problems then it is worth it.  If your rifle works then dont mess with a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you are having problems then it is worth it.  If your rifle works then dont mess with a good thing.

It works Great so far. I just cant ever leave well enough, alone most of the time. I always gotta tinker with stuff. . I just keep reading about how ppl love the midlength gas system so much and Ive never shot one. This is my first AR. I would like to get a midlength handguard going though in the futer. I really just wanted to show off my new RRA.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
If your rifle will run with the lower pressure from the fat boy, then it should be giving your internals less stress.

I run a 9mm buffer, and an m16 carrier in my carbine and I plan to buy a fat boy eventually. I want my carbine to last a long time and smooth out the recoil impusle as much as possible.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
'if it anit broke, dont fix it'

nice looking AR and SW 1911!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top