User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:06:56 PM EDT
Just purchased Colt SP1 (SN#73819) with the following information:
Full floating Aluminum Fore-Shroud
20 in. barrel (with raised iron sight)
Carry handle removed and scope sled installed (gunsmith works)
Busnell Scope
No plunger
JT barrel break
2 20 round mags
150 round of ammo

New to ARs and not sure how I did on this purchase @ $750?hinking.gif

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input; furthermore.  I purchased this gun and paid $750 for it.  I have some buyers remorse over the deal and now feel like I should have stuck to my guns and just purchased an Olympic, Bushy, or Rock River (new) for the money I gave for this.  I bought into the "Colt" name BUT it is evident that this is not a desirable gun as it has been heavily modified.  Too bad for me, leason learned - don't make a reactionary purchase!!!  

If I sell it, do you think it would bring the $750-800 range?  Now want to get rid of it immediately and buy one of the previously mentioned guns.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:09:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Your feelings are understandable.

If this is truely a SP1 as stated, it means you have a barrel w/ a 1/12 twist and a chopped and modified A1 upper receiver, all of which most would shy away from, (especially the twist rate, which severly limits your fodder choices and completely precludes the use of the better self-defense rounds most of us are using).

Shame you didn't find the site sooner and take advantage of the "tacked" threads at the top of most forums, as you would have been a far more informed purchaser and not so down on your choice.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#4]
How about posting a pic?  That way, we could see what has been done and what can be undone. I think the 1:12 twist is good enough to handle "defense" rounds at "defense" ranges, so don't let that bother you.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll buy it for $750!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just purchased Colt SP1 (SN#73819) with the following information:
Full floating Aluminum Fore-Shroud
20 in. barrel (with raised iron sight)
Carry handle removed and scope sled installed (gunsmith works)
Busnell Scope
No plunger
JT barrel break
2 20 round mags
150 round of ammo

New to ARs and not sure how I did on this purchase @ $750?

Well, if the seller had quality work done then as much as it may be butchered, it may have been done politely.  If the quality of the work and components shows then at least you won't have any issues selling it.  You could do something similar to what I am doing and rebuild the upper and restore it to it's former glory, if you are so inclined.

Again, if the work and parts are good then 750 isn't all that bad.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top