Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 4:02:31 AM EDT
The question, in short

A2 or A3 upper?

Long form:

I’m selling my DPMS A1 and was planning on buying a Bushmaster A2

However I have a page of parts that I’m also buying from people like YHM, Magpul, Specter, Surefire, Laser Devices and a bunch of others

The current plan is/was:

YHM 4 rail 2pc hand guard

Lighting:
Surefire 9P with a combination of whatnot to either mount it at 1:30 like the traditional surefire kits or 3:00, or even 5:30 depending on how I like it

Laser Devices Las/Tac

Here is my problem, If I’m spending this much on the rifle to begin with, and knowing that its a good quality rifle, should I go with an A3 upper and just assume that I’m out of my mind and will likely put an eotech on it sooner rather than later?

I don’t really want to free float this upper, but I’m starting to think that A3 is the way to go

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]
A3.  You can add whatver you want on it.  If you want the A2 look.  You can mount a carry handle on it.  It's more versatile.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Both- c'mon man, read your avatar line!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Get both!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
A3 you wont be sorry
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top