Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:00:15 PM EDT
I will be building an m4 clone using a delton parts kit. As I was looking at their webpage I saw that they have the dpms a4 glacier guard handguards. Has anyone had any experience with these and if so how do you feel about them. I will be basically using this rifle for plinking. I appreciate any input that is given
Chris
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got some and they work fine.  

TS
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They are just plain handguards.  Thats just DPMS's fancy name for them.  BTW they work fine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought an OD set at a Gun Show last weekend for $30.  They look like standard M4 style hand guards except they feel heavier and alot more heavy duty ...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some.  They seem much more durable. Very solid feel.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
much better at dissipating heat than standard metallic handguards which have a tendency to "insulate" the barrel and retain heat, rather than dissipate it. With standard-metallic handguards I have had to use gloves after a certain point when the weapon has been abused to such an extent, its too hot to handle. I have not reached this point with any of my DPMS weapons with glacier gaurds, and its not for lack of trying. Overall, its a better design and they are very effective.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]
DPMS gave me a set a couple of years ago... when they first came out. I broke them within a few weeks, a record I believe for breaking a handguard.

But, they were very new... and I am pretty hard of stuff I guess...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#7]
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2629/olym4gery2rz.th.jpg

i think they work well and look good.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top