Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:04:07 AM EDT
Who makes the best tactical or entry sling and where's the best place to get it?.....Thanks1Sqdn, 4th Cav, 1st Inf.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
TROY makes a very nice single point sling.

SPECTRE GEAR makes a nice three point (which I prefer).
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
TROY makes a very nice single point sling.

SPECTRE GEAR makes a nice three point (which I prefer).

+1 on Specter Gear... That's all I use... The 1 1/2" wide webbing is very comfortable and the design that is used is perfect for any application...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
northeasttactical.com

H+K style clamp,No plastic soft luggage buckels!
Wide webbing!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This question has been brought up quite often in the sling forum, so you may want to try there for sling questions.  

For a three point sling, I carried the Tactical Tailor 3 point for years and had no complaints.  It did everything a 3 point could do, and did it well.  It had the usual drawbacks and limitations of a 3 point sling where shooting from the support side was a chore.

I switched several months ago over to the A.S.P. Single Point Sling.  I had previously tried a box full of different single point slings, and found that while they gave greater flexibility, they weren't quite up to par with what I was looking for in a duty sling.  The configuration and build of the ASP are what make it the better beast.  The 3 waypoint link as opposed to the usual round loop allow for greater comfort, fit, and movement for me.  The tubular webbing gives greater comfort while maintaining a lower profile than the typical flat webbing, it doesn't twist, and goes on quickly.  The breaking strength is over 4000lbs IIRC for the webbing.  I've frozen the sling and jumped up and down on it to see if the buckles would fail, and even after 3 days in the freezer, it wouldn't slip or break.  I've switched my duty and training weapons over to use the ASP.  I truely believe it is the best single point sling available.

img222.imageshack.us/img222/2223/p2190056700film8vv.jpg

img213.imageshack.us/img213/1262/p1112098800webversion26re4mo.jpg

+1 on the ASP
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This question has been brought up quite often in the sling forum, so you may want to try there for sling questions.  

For a three point sling, I carried the Tactical Tailor 3 point for years and had no complaints.  It did everything a 3 point could do, and did it well.  It had the usual drawbacks and limitations of a 3 point sling where shooting from the support side was a chore.

I switched several months ago over to the A.S.P. Single Point Sling.  I had previously tried a box full of different single point slings, and found that while they gave greater flexibility, they weren't quite up to par with what I was looking for in a duty sling.  The configuration and build of the ASP are what make it the better beast.  The 3 waypoint link as opposed to the usual round loop allow for greater comfort, fit, and movement for me.  The tubular webbing gives greater comfort while maintaining a lower profile than the typical flat webbing, it doesn't twist, and goes on quickly.  The breaking strength is over 4000lbs IIRC for the webbing.  I've frozen the sling and jumped up and down on it to see if the buckles would fail, and even after 3 days in the freezer, it wouldn't slip or break.  I've switched my duty and training weapons over to use the ASP.  I truely believe it is the best single point sling available.

img222.imageshack.us/img222/2223/p2190056700film8vv.jpg

img213.imageshack.us/img213/1262/p1112098800webversion26re4mo.jpg

Very well put.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everybody, big help.........he
ALWAYS CARRY, ALWAYS LOCKED, ALWAYS LOADED

1st Sqdn, 4th Cav, 1st Inf.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top