Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 8:12:25 PM EDT
Hello,
   I was looking on the DPMS website and I found a gun that looked appealing to me, the DPMS Panther Bull Twenty-Four. I wanted to know if anyone owns or has fired this rifle if they would reccomend it because it does have a fairly low price tag at $945 MSRP.

Would it just be cheaper to build a rifle myself? I want to get into target shooting and competitions but I'd like to build a nice target rifle with a good scope and things on it.

One last question, does anyone here know of any target shooting comps in or around Southwestern PA?    

Thanks.

-Mike
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You can generally build them yourself for less.    There is a guy on gunbroker.com that I bought a DPMS upper from a while back...., great price for 100% complete upper, not just bare bones!!!

His gunbroker.com seller/user name is  AR-15 Deals he's awesome to deal with!!

You might want to take a look at his current auction #43776533  for a DPMS 24" Stainless Fluted complete upper.

I put my DPMS Upper on a Stag Lower ..., perfect color match!!  Added a JP Adjustable FGC
and it shoots like a dream!  Extremely accurate!!

Before the FCG I had about $725.00 total into it..., so that right there is about a $220 savings over MSRP!!

For a traget or varmint rifle you'll be spending extra $$ on a good FCG either way you go!!

Good luck!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hello,
   I was looking on the DPMS website and I found a gun that looked appealing to me, the DPMS Panther Bull Twenty-Four. I wanted to know if anyone owns or has fired this rifle if they would reccomend it because it does have a fairly low price tag at $945 MSRP.

Would it just be cheaper to build a rifle myself? I want to get into target shooting and competitions but I'd like to build a nice target rifle with a good scope and things on it.

One last question, does anyone here know of any target shooting comps in or around Southwestern PA?    

Thanks.

-Mike

Before you go blowing money on a rifle, you need to define what exact kind of competitions do you want to enter.

For example, scopes are NOT allowed in NRA Highpower, which is probably the most popular target sport where ARs do well.

I strongly suggest going over to the competitions forum and talking to a guy by the name of hipwr223.  He's from your neck of the woods.

I've seen this train wreck too many times.  Guy shows up at a highpower match with his "super sniper with 20X scope" and gets turned away because his rifle doesn't meet the rules.

Don't be him.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top