Whats the users think of these?
good deal or stay away?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Big thanks
Whats the users think of these?
good deal or stay away?

I would stay away from them.  I have already seen two plastic lowers where the threads stripped out in the buffer tube area.  The last one I saw had the buffer tube glued in there due to the threads being stripped out!

Also, I have "heard" that the pivot pin and rear takedown pin holes tend to wallow out over time.  Personally have not seen this, therefore, I don't know how true it is, except for the fact that I can see it happening with a "plastic" lower receiver, especially if it is used in a rifle build rather than using it in a Pistol build.

That is my .02.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Cavalry arms, in OD green, and it works well. I like it. I have fired 1000 rounds atop mine and have no problems. Cav arms compleete lowers are nice, and if you want a new black compleete lower call Military Gun Supply. The have a few left for 130 pluss shipping. You have to call. it is not on the web page.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]

I have already seen two plastic lowers where the threads stripped out in the buffer tube area.  The last one I saw had the buffer tube glued in there due to the threads being stripped out!

You must be talking about the HESSE receivers that were built. These had the plastic threaded parts that took the buffer tubes of a standard AR. Run fast and far from the HESSE receivers.

The CAV-15 receivers have the stock built in to the receiver portion, so the buffertube thing isnt an issue.
I have two of them and they work flawlessly.  Great triggers and mag fit. Upper is tight with the lower
on both rifles. The stock on the CAV-15 is longer than the standard AR stock though.
I like the longer LOP in the stock.

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
i have seen and handled the heese/vulcan lowers at a gunshow

very "tactical"!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:01:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The stock on the CAV-15 is longer than the standard AR stock though.
I like the longer LOP in the stock.

KyARGuy

Stocks on MKII Cav-15's are A1 length.  MKII lowers from Cav Arms are great pieces of equipment, backed by an exceptional warranty.  If money is a problem, they are a very cost effective solution.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:23:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I built one.  The lower works fine.  You will need to custom fit some of the springs.  They feel good and sold.  Personaly though I like the plain metal lowers better but Cav arms are not bad.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top