Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:49:39 AM EDT
Ok, folks....

What length of rail cover do I need for a mid-length?

I see that most of them are 6.76 or 7".   I measured my YHM mid-length forearm and it came in at 7.5, IICRC.  

So how do most of you put the protectors on your rails?  I'm thinking the "ladder type" cover.  I'm not entirely sure what all will be hanging on the rails themselve; probably a tango down verticle grip; maybe a flashlight in the future.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Just buy a pack of 5 from Ergo or MagPul...I have the Ergo. On my Samson, I used a full ladder on each rail, then cut the 5th into 3 slot sections to make up for the rest. This left me with a small piece for extra.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm using Magpul ladder rail protector and if I'm using my VFG/ panels or not, I just use the rail protectors as required on the exposed rails.

On the top rails which is empty on my mid length, I use two pieces of protectors because they are not long enough.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just buy a pack of 5 from Ergo or MagPul...I have the Ergo. On my Samson, I used a full ladder on each rail, then cut the 5th into 3 slot sections to make up for the rest. This left me with a small piece for extra.

Who sells a 5pck?  Maybe I'm seeing things wrong, but from places like Bravocompany, GTS ect, it looks like they are sold only as one?  Am I wrong?  Sheesh, I feel stupid.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top