Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 3:30:18 PM EDT
Hi,

I visited a store and they had a california legal AR-15 with a magazine where you have to open the rifle to load it.  It was really nice but my question is that I'm going to move to Arizona soon and I want to convert it so it can have a detachable magazine.  Would it be able to function just like a normal Ar15 without opening it up to load it?  Can you open up a normal AR 15 and load it just like the CA version ones?  Thanks in advance.  I'm glad I'm moving out of california.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are indeed moving soon just wait and build/buy one after the move.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have thought about that but I will probably move back to california after my education and I can't bring a non-CA rifle back into the state.  I was hoping that I buy the CA legal rifle, move to Arizona where I can convert it by just making the 10 rd mag detachable.  Then before I come into california, I'll make the 10 rd mag so it can't be detached.  This way I get the best of both worlds without making it illegal.  I just don't know if a CA legal rifle can function exactly the same as a normal one.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Friends don't let friends buy ANYTHING from Vulcan/Hexxe Arms.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Friends don't let friends buy ANYTHING from Vulcan/Hexxe Arms.

I second that too! If you are moving go out and buy something like the Knights Armament SR 15 M4 battle rifle or another brand. Sell the Vulcan. I have a FAB10 that Iam trying to sell right now. It's the older ones from Marysville,CA  that dont have those new problems I hear with the ones made in NV.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top