Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 3:03:08 PM EDT
Just picked up the .052 FSP since I have a mid-length (Sabre with "F" marked FSB) and I noticed that the aperture is taller than the original A2 FSP by about 3 notches. Also, the notches are cut deeper than they are on the original so the retainer pin doesn't sit in the notch. It still keeps it from working itself out, but just barely and the site can cant either way by about 45 degrees. I added a small drop of blue loc-tite to the threads to help keep it from moving along with the spring tension, but is this acceptable, do I need to replace the retainer pin, or scrap the KNS altogether? Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody tried these yet?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Alright, so are the A2 site posts plenty adequate for mid-lengths and carbines? Should I just pop the original back in and spend more time focusing on my shooting? The reason I changed it to the next smallest size was because I feel like the original A2 site post is just a fat bar that potentially gets in the way of things down-range. Am I wrong? Maybe if I had a 20 or 24" barrel, but up this close it seems like too much.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
If the A2 sight is to fat, try an A1 post (worked for my wifes build). Or try one of the 1,000's target sights. Go to the Industry forum links and see what the dealers have. Good luck!
All the besthe                                                       B) FSB out of spec
Did the A2 sight fit? Try some other post, if they fit the KNS is f'd up. Send it back or sell it. Just my two centsATB
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]
THe KNS post doesn't cant...it fits alright, but the notches are too deep for the retainer pin to engage and it's a little taller than the A2. I'd like to figure this out before trying to re-zero again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top