Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:37:16 AM EDT
I've been working on finishing my A4 midlenght build for over a year and a half.   Several times I've had the money to finish the build, by buying the upper, but I ended up putting it in savings, or helping someone out, only to have to save again.

I finally have all the money I need for the upper.  I bought everything else, that I wanted to put on this gun, but optics; I have the YHM handguard, YHM BUIS(both front and rear), Phantom, complete lower with Magpul M93A2, Ergo grip, CMT lower parts kit,  Several new mags with Magpul followers, and Pulls........you get the picture.   Everything but the upper.

I wanted to wait until the end, so I could put it all together and have it "done" all at once.   So, back to my story.  I go on-line to order my Rock River Arms A4 Mid-length upper from ADCO, and low and behold, it's on backorder

I called up and was told that there wasn't a firm date on them getting more.  I went ahead and placed an order, so when it comes in, I'll get one, but dang it; I was all excited!
Some days I just can't win.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Guns762,
Try Pete from Legal Transfers.  Here is his  Industry Forum page.  Pete is a stocking RRA dealer and ARMS dealer.  Pete is great to deal with and has top notch service, and is an industry member here too.

Sarge
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
CMMG makes Midlengths
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
check out Eaglefirearms.net also
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on legal transfers
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I'll just wait for ADCO.     I've waited this long, a few more weeks/month won't hurt.....too much...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel your pain guns762. I'm in the same boat, got some xtra cash from the income tax and everything is backorder. I've got the RRA lower with ACE stock just sitting in my safe. ADCO has treated me very well in the past so I'll just wait till they are re-stocked.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I know the feeling too: I built my AR the same way; started up with the lower, made by Spike's Tactical LLC, a Magpul M93B stock and a Tango Down Battlegrip; then came the RRA CAR-4 Upper and the YHM BUIS. Now the final part of my build will be to swat the FSB with a THM flip up FSB and a Troy Industries MRF-C with a Tango Down vertical grip and Magpul rail covers; an optional part I am considering is a JP Enterprises full mass stainless tactical carrier..

Is a pain at times, trying to get all the parts together and buiold it in one shot, but if you are patient and give it time, the end result will be one that will be an AR made just for you, not for the masses.

Look forward to see the completed AR here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Talon Arms should have some sabre defence midlengths. They are pretty effin' nice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Last I heard you looking at a month or so wait to get that upper right now. Try the equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:42:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I getting ready to put my middy upper for sale on the EE. It's an A2 but it has an ADCO profiled RRA\Wilson 16" chrome lined middy barrel. Let me know if your interested?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:54:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I've noticed that 3-4 large vendors are now backordered on practically everything I need.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:15:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I was in the same predicament about 1.5 years ago.

I went to Pete @ Legal Transfers, he hooked me up!!

ETA:  I waited for about 3 months for the Rock Rivers to come in and one day I was cruising the EE, Pete had a mid length barrel, chrome lined----perfect!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top