Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:56:14 AM EDT
After seeing the noveske build by dennysguns, I've come to the conclusion That I want one of those little Bastards. I have a few questions before i get busy.
A) What kind of accuracy will the 10.5 produce at 100yrds?
B) How much velocity is lost by being 5.5in shorter?
C) I've allways heard of reliability issues with 10.5, is there a special set up that solves these problems?
D)In the area of the paperwork, I know it has to be rejistered as a SBR. Can you build the upper first and then rejister a lower, and complete it when it is approved?
Or, does the paperwork have to be approved before getting started at all?
Thanks, any helpful answers would be greatly appreciated.
Reaper
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
A) Sub-MOA
B) About 300 FPS versus a 16" barrel
C) The Krink brake or a piston helps.
D) Technically you don't want the upper around the house.  Constructive possession and all that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thankyou asu1911 for the answers
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
c) Run a H2 buffer and a Wolff Extra Power extractor spring and you’ll be fine. Like ASU1911 said, a Noveske Krink will also help.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
300 fps for a 10.5" vs 16" barrel? More like 400 fps.  Also some 10.5" barrels are listed as 10.3" such as LMT which is in actuality 10.25" in length.  Too short to mount an M4-2000 on where the 10.5" would fit.  Just something to keep in mind.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top