Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:31:37 AM EDT
I have been shopping for a nice C7 upper lately but I am having a hard time determining the original manufacturer of the uppers.  Can any of you guys tell me who makes whose C7 uppers or can anyone reccommend a good one for me?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:16:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Diemaco I believe makes the only 'real' C7.  Unless they're buying from someone else now.  Bushmaster makes a copy of the upper reciever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:17:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m running the BM version, couldn’t be happier!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice stuff, guys!!!  Keep showing them pics!  I love the C7.

I have been thinking about getting one from Fulton Armory....but the Bushie ones I have seen are nice.   Anyone know the OEM/vendors for those are?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have been thinking about getting one from Fulton Armory....but the Bushie ones I have seen are nice.   Anyone know the OEM/vendors for those are?

Well mine has the Splintered “A” forge marking but either way it’s another excellent product from BM.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Fulton Armory.  Now I have another one to choose from!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:58:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Just to be extra anal, Diemaco is the only company to make a real C7 or C8 upper as they are the only ones to market them as such.  With that out of the way,  when Diemaco decided on the configuration of the rifle Colt wasn't yet making the A2, they were making the A1 with improvements such as;

-A2 sight base with .750 dia barrel (C7 only, the C8 uses a 14.5" pencil barrel and an A1 (.625) FSB
-A2 flash hider
-A2 lower
-case deflector

Anyway, if you want the absolutely best possible quality and as original as possible then buy one of the used Colt upper assemblies off of CMMG and replace the barrel.  This would be accurate as some of the initial C7's and 8's contained some Colt parts.  I'm Canadian military and I come across Colt manufactured bolts at work all the time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Since Colt aquired Diemaco, I guess the C7 and C8 models are now Colt anyway.

P.S. I have a CMMG Commando Upper coming in, but I doubt it will be here for a few weeks, as they are at SHOT.

www.colt.com/mil/news.asp
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well mine has the Splintered “A” forge marking but either way it’s another excellent product from BM.

My Fulton Armory C7 upper is a splintered "A" forging also.  It works fine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#10]
be careful with the cmmg commando uppers! some listed have dremelled feedramps so it would make it troublesome to mate with a different barrel!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
be careful with the cmmg commando uppers! some listed have dremelled feedramps so it would make it troublesome to mate with a different barrel!

Gotcha...I have to remember that.

Who is the Splintred A again?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha...I have to remember that.

Who is the Splintred A again?

tacked thread
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a new DPMS C7 from CMMG that has the Anchor Harvey forge mark.
But, I dremeled my own feedramps, to match the M4 barrel extension on my new CMMG 14.7" LW barrel.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the Feedramp headsup!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#15]
So, I went ahead with the Fulton Armory C7....WOW!!! VERY, VERY nice!!!  Check my carbine pics a few posts down on this thread:

right here
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If you mean these www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=287775

They are not dremmelled. Those are factory Colts.

If you didn't. My mistake and carry on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Previous C7/C8 configurations:

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just to be extra anal, Diemaco is the only company to make a real C7 or C8 upper as they are the only ones to market them as such.  With that out of the way,  when Diemaco decided on the configuration of the rifle Colt wasn't yet making the A2, they were making the A1 with improvements such as;

-A2 sight base with .750 dia barrel (C7 only, the C8 uses a 14.5" pencil barrel and an A1 (.625) FSB
-A2 flash hider
-A2 lower
-case deflector

Anyway, if you want the absolutely best possible quality and as original as possible then buy one of the used Colt upper assemblies off of CMMG and replace the barrel.  This would be accurate as some of the initial C7's and 8's contained some Colt parts.  I'm Canadian military and I come across Colt manufactured bolts at work all the time.

Since Colt aquired Diemaco, I guess the C7 and C8 models are now Colt anyway.

No and No

This style of upper originated at Colt.  Everything Diemaco does originated at Colt except the 14 slot flattop upper and that wierd barrel setup on their current Carbine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Fulton Armory C7 upper is a splintered "A" forging also.  It works fine.

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top