Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:30:45 PM EDT
Hello,

I am new to the black rifle and looking for one. Some local guy wants to sell me a brand new LMT upper assembly for $420 delivered plus tax. I don't know if it is worth the price. Let me know your opinion.

According to this guy, his description is like this:

- 1X7 16" chrome-lined M4 profile BBL, installed
- A2 flash hider installed
- standard FSB with sight post, installed
- gas tube installed
- no handguard
- M4 feed ramp
- T numbered flat top LMT upper receiver
- EJ/FA installed
- no BT/BC/CH

Guys, how do you think? Need to make decision soon. Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the ar15 forum,

personally I think thats way too much. But I should also inquire about its condition is it used and how used is it?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#2]
actually thats seems like a good deal,brand new lLMT upper minus bolt carrier/charging handles/handguards going rate are $475-$485 from most vendors
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
If it is genuine LMT M4 upper, that is a good buy

almost every dealer around sells that exact same set-up for $485

Which is in and of itself, disturbing. Its price fixing plain and simple, but that wasn't the question

You will be able to ID it as genuine LMT, 2 ways (or more)

1. LMT uppers have the LMT logo emblazoned on the shooters left side just below the rail and facing left.
like in this pic, borrowed from BravoCompany Website

2. The upper will be Duracoat-ed. This finish is at first glance almost like a bluing. Beautiful stuff

Then the M4 ramps will be visible, blah, blah, blah

edit in a couple things, svjos

welcome to AR15.com!

and unless you  are Law Enforcement or similar, that upper will land you in court. Check local and state laws on it first

but you probably already know all that

good luck!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
price fixing or as cheap as they can sell the parts and still make a profit. I am going with option 2.

That is a good deal on the LMT if you need an upper configured like listed buy it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I have seen it in person. It really has LMT logo and it is factory brand new. Seems like a good deal!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
and unless you  are Law Enforcement or similar, that upper will land you in court. Check local and state laws on it first

good luck!

Why? Can you be more specific? I only heard restrictions for lower. But never heard any restrictions for upper. Unless it is a short-barrel type. What I am talking about is a 16" upper.

Furthermore, I think it's legal to own 10.5" upper assemblies everywhere. Just can not put them on a lower to make a SBR.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good luck!

Why? Can you be more specific? I only heard restrictions for lower. But never heard any restrictions for upper. Unless it is a short-barrel type. What I am talking about is a 16" upper.

Furthermore, I think it's legal to own 10.5" upper assemblies everywhere. Just can not put them on a lower to make a SBR.

maybe cause cali has its own assault weapon ban and that upper has a flashhider on it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good luck!

You are fine.  Uppers are NOT restricted kali.  If you legally own a lower, you can have whatever you want on it(short of an sbr of course).  If you do not have a legal lower, you can have a fab10/vulcan style lower that has the welded mag well, or an unlisted (non-kasler list) lower and you can pin the mag on yourself.  With any legal option you have, you can have whatever upper you want with any feature.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top