Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:16:50 PM EDT
I bought a preban Bushmaster lower and it came with a 2 position stock that I replaced. How can I tell if it was made by Colt? There aren't any markings but the stock is very solid/tight, so I don't think it's a cheap knock off. Did Bushmaster ever sell 2 position stocks? It's in used but good condition. How much should I ask for it if I sell it with the buffer and spring? Thanks in advance!

img142.imageshack.us/img142/6269/dsc011156pe.jpg

img137.imageshack.us/img137/10/dsc011169qs.jpg
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a knock off from the pictures. I know the newer Colt stocks have a “N” mold mark under the lever on the right side. If it doesn’t have any markings on it at all then it is just an aftermarket copy. I might be wrong but I don’t think Colt made two-pos plastic stocks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster used to sell two position receiver extentions, they were black, Colt's are gray.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a knockoff.  Colt stocks have two vertical reinforcing ribs where the outer tube portion joins the bottom of the stock and as mentioned have the N marking under the lever.  The easiest way to tell though, is by looking at the threads on the buffer tube.  Mil spec tubes will have a finished diameter smaller than the outer diameter of the threads whereas with aftermarket tubes the outer diameter of the threads are flush with the finished diameter.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top