Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:27:58 PM EDT
I have seen a Mastering the AR-15 DVD. Is this any good? Anyone know of any other good DVD's that show complete assembly/disassembly and some use of the AR?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
spend the money and become a team member.

there is a "build-it-yourself" forum here with pictures and step-by-step instructions to do just about anything you want to tacked at the top of that forum along with endless amounts of threads discussing different items you might pass by. being a team member allows you to search back 3 months and you also have access to the archives where a shitload of info is stored.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) video is great to learn how to assemble a rifle from scratch. They also have videos for trigger work and truble shooting problems.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
it's not really needed. Hit the INFORMATION tab and all the instructions to build one are there.
Buy tools instead. It will make things so much easier.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll sell you my AGI Ar-15 DVD...$39.95 +s&h :)

+1 on reading the forum posts.  I learned very little from the video and lots from tinkering.  My latest "learn on the job" was my trigger.  Replaced my stock Bushmaster trigger with a Jard after watching a disassembly/reassembly at a local gun show.  It turned out to be VERY easy swapping triggers.  Once you've done it once, a new trigger can be installed in minutes with a simple punch.

The AR-15 is a fantastic design in that it's really very simple.  It just takes a leap of faith to take one apart for the first time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
team membership to arfcom is only $24 so you save and you have an interactive guide to almost anything dealing with firearms.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I may just become a team member. I would have to buy the tools first. I'll be searching for a good listing of tools on here next.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) video is great to learn how to assemble a rifle from scratch. They also have videos for trigger work and truble shooting problems.

I also have this video and it is pretty good for disasemble/reasemmble/cleaning and trouble shooting but it's all on a 20", I wish they would have also added some carbine/telescoping stock info but they don't but still a good video.  I also heard that the Bushmaster DVD is very good.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I also have this video and it is pretty good for disasemble/reasemmble/cleaning and trouble shooting but it's all on a 20", I wish they would have also added some carbine/telescoping stock info but they don't but still a good video.  I also heard that the Bushmaster DVD is very good.

it's mostly assembly of a lower. I don't think they do anything with the upper other than rear sights, FA and dustcover. No barrel assembly at all. It has been a while since I saw the DVD
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top