Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 11:11:38 AM EDT
I have heard that they did make A1 upper receivers with the extended feed ramps, and I have also heard that they were added later (Dremel feed ramps).

I looked at Specialized Armament, but I don't know how to decipher everything.  Is the Commando upper (Part #: SP64690 ) the one I am after?

Does anyone else make them?

BTW:  M4 feed ramps in an upper receiver are not 100% necessary, before that arguement starts.  But then again, what do I care?  Argue away!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they did/do, kind of. It is not really a A1 upper, as it has the brass deflector. Best way to describe it is a A2 upper with M4 feed ramps and A1 "field" sights.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
c7/a1 upper is what i think its called which has the brass deflector and f/a

the dremelled uppers are crappy and dont line up with anything other than the bbl. it was mated to.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one. A-1 sights with a brass deflector and M4 style feedramp cuts machined in before anodizing. It also has a little "4" engraved above the gas tube. It will end up with an Ultralight or midlength 16" barrel. Most likely Midlength so I can attach a bayonet/frog sticker. I bought it on the EE last year.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah.  That's what I am looking for.

I'm getting ready to sell my Sporter II.  I can't stand the stupid screw pin in front.  I want one that will just drop straight on a lower receiver with spec push pins.  Other than that, I really like the set-up, FA with deflector and A1 sights.  

A2 sights suck donkey balls!  

I searched for C7A1 on that inner-net thing, but I kept finding flat tops labeled as c7a1's.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top