Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Its mine, I built it in my basement.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Cerro forge?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The guy that sold it to me said it was a Bushmaster, but someone said it looks like an Armalite.  Just hoping to find out so I can advertise it correctly.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
You might try posting a pic of the barrel, I have a M1S with those same markings, but companies use all types off upper receivers, the barrel should be what tells you who made it. I think Bushmaster marks theirs 5.56 BMP
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You might try posting a pic of the barrel, I have a M1S with those same markings, but companies use all types off upper receivers, the barrel should be what tells you who made it. I think Bushmaster marks theirs 5.56 BMP

The barrel will tell you who made the barrel.  Its not that hard to swap barrels you know.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I don't know if there is a way to ID an upper receiver as to companies like Bushmaster , ect.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, it's T-marked so it's not a Bushmaster.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My Armalite has a mark on the upper that looks like the crosshairs of a scope on it.
The keyhole mark is indeed cero forge like MyakkaVice says.
Here are some marks but I don't see the E or F or whatever it is.

CAF Colt / Alcoa Forge
CH Colt / Harvey Aluminum (1st Colt Forgings)
CM Colt / Martin Marietta
DK Diemaco / Kaiser
FK, FS, BK, DK, EK, FK, AF, CW, AA, FS Bushmaster
LK FN / Kaiser
LM LAR / Martin Marietta (Army Spares Contract)
Splintered A Olympic Arms
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
It's definitely not a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My Armalite has a mark on the upper that looks like the crosshairs of a scope on it.

CAF Colt / Alcoa Forge
DK Diemaco / Kaiser
LK FN / Kaiser

I bet you got that info at biggerhammer.net... Thats old out dated information, mongo001 had to point that out to me earlier today...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Could be a Stag arms maybe.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:40:15 AM EDT
[#12]
FN
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#13]
"This is of key importance: the forge die markings on upper receivers, especially since the mid-90s, are virtually meaningless.  All they indicate is the company that produced the raw forging, and there is absolutely no way to tell from them which AR manufacturer actually was responsible for the machining and finishing of that forging.

To complicate matters further, the actual machining and finishing of most AR receivers is also outsourced by nearly all AR manufacturers.  Again, this is necessary due to the efficiency and specialization that exists in such a mature marketplace.  Even Colt’s receiver machining is outsourced to companies that specialize in aluminum machining."

www.ammo-oracle.com/AR15_Upper_Receiver_FAQ.htm
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I have a DPMS upper that has the keymark, does that mean they sourced them from Cerro Forge?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a DPMS upper that has the keymark, does that mean they sourced them from Cerro Forge?

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CAF Colt / Alcoa Forge
DK Diemaco / Kaiser
LK FN / Kaiser

I bet you got that info at biggerhammer.net... Thats old out dated information, mongo001 had to point that out to me earlier today...

It may be old and outdated, but only to the extent there are more to add to it.

the ones listed were made, and most probably still exist.

eta: I don't know if you can identify a manufacturer for an upper. Or that it particularly matters, provided the rail is MIL-STD 1913 and in spec.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#17]
My brand new Bushy has the same Keyhole mark, but not the 8 or B or what ever the other mark is on the side.  

Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"This is of key importance: the forge die markings on upper receivers, especially since the mid-90s, are virtually meaningless.  All they indicate is the company that produced the raw forging, and there is absolutely no way to tell from them which AR manufacturer actually was responsible for the machining and finishing of that forging.

To complicate matters further, the actual machining and finishing of most AR receivers is also outsourced by nearly all AR manufacturers.  Again, this is necessary due to the efficiency and specialization that exists in such a mature marketplace.  Even Colt’s receiver machining is outsourced to companies that specialize in aluminum machining."

www.ammo-oracle.com/AR15_Upper_Receiver_FAQ.htm

I think we know that about the forge markings... Its the other marking that needs to be identified... That's who finished the receiver...

I hope this doesn't end up a circle jerk thread...

This is a new marking to me and I really would like to know who it represents...

Any one have a upper receiver made by Eagle Arms to see if it might match?

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Any one have a upper receiver made by Eagle Arms to see if it might match?

www.uploadx.com/content/whiterabbit490/newmanufacturingmark.jpg

Doesn't Eagle Arms use either Stag Arms or RRA with their uppers? Here is the link:
http://www.eaglefirearms.net/ef_uppers.htm

"We use only the highest quality US made Rock River Arms, Stag Arms or other military spec components including forged receivers.....  If you have a preference for your upper to have either a Stag Arms or RRA upper receiver"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top