Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:20:18 PM EDT
200 big ones???  Come on people, how did you justify buying this?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried one? Have you read this thread? Do you like the stock you're currently using?

I justified buying them for all my ARs and my shotgun because the stock works well for me and I felt it was worth the money. Heck, I bought the M93As and upgraded to the B. BTW, the last version was the M93B and that stock has been discontinued. Magpul will be offering the CTR and UBR stocks (neither is a direct replacement for the M93B though the later is closer othe M93B) in their product.

If you can't see the value in it, that's cool. There is no "perfect stock" except the one that is perfect for you and the job you need your rifle to do.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
look at the price of a LMT SOPMOD or a voltar the Magpul is very nice. I am buying another one before they are all gone.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
where is that link supposed to go
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Because you know your getting your monies worth when its coming from Magpul Industries.
I’d rather have the M93A2 over the LMT/Voltar for obvious cosmetic reasons anyday.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
My understanding is that the M93 is being discontinued in part, because it is too expensive to manufacture.  I love mine and plan to get another before supplies dry up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I must admit after doing more reading about the stock I am curious. Too bad all they have left are 93A in OD green and Brown. I am assuning that one point they made these in black. Too bad.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
where is that link supposed to go

I fixed it. I had the link text stored in a text doc for easy reference but the location of the thread changed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Three things I really like about the M93B - consistent cheekweld, no cold metal on my face, and no play or rattle.  In other words, it's like having an A2 stock that I can adjust like a telestock.  What's an extra $130 to get those things?

I'm not totally sold on the durability of them compared to a regular 6-pos stock, though (one of the reasons I can't wait to see the UBR), but I know Magpul will stand behind anything they make.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I must admit after doing more reading about the stock I am curious. Too bad all they have left are 93A in OD green and Brown. I am assuning that one point they made these in black. Too bad.

Yeah, they had them in black too.

So I ponied up for the M93B.

The difference between the stock 6pos, and the M93B is night and day. No more rattle, nice cheek weld in any position, more adjustment positions, adjustable stops, better balance, locks in any position, and looks a hell of alot better.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget the ability to use a preset for your favorite LOP. You can instantly pop the stock open to the LOP you like. It's just a little tab that snaps into the position detents at the bottom of the stock.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#11]
They are discontinued. ( if it hasn't been mentioned yet)

Perhaps the new stock from Magpul will be as nice (popular) since chances are it will be around the same price.

I own a couple of the LMT/SOPMOD stocks @ $200/ea. (one was $245 since it included the buffer tube, etc)

Talk about "ouch!"

Heck, the Colt std. M4 stock is around $100.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#12]
quality ain't free...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Just wait til the new ones come out and then buy a used 93 for $100 as guys rush to kit their rifles out with the latest and greatest.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just wait til the new ones come out and then buy a used 93 for $100 as guys rush to kit their rifles out with the latest and greatest.

I might buy another one if that happens. I myself am happy with the M93 and don't plan to buy the new version. I REALLY wish they had continued with the modular concept, since that was the main thing that sold me in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#15]
cheap for what you are getting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
quality ain't free...

Amen...

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an M93B and I love it.

The fit was excellent; the levels of adjustments are awesome and the looks is... Well, it kicks @$$!

I paid $225, plus $40 for the strike plate and sling point. Money well spent, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

As an owner of (4) M93s, I can tell you that scenario very unlikely. Magpul may offer an upgrade/trade-in deal towards the UBR and, if not, used M93Bs in excellent condition will still be worth more than $100. Pics have been posted of the UBR and while I like it it a lot, I won't be upgrading mine anytime soon unless there is a trade-in deal being offered. The new stock is nice but, for me, it's not that so much better than I need to "rush out" and replace all my M93s with the "latest and greatest".
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#19]
M93A2, The best stock I have ever used.  It's staying put
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Ha...this is exactly what I was considering.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Pics have been posted of the UBR

What?  WHERE?  Or do you mean the CTR stock?

As for the price tag, if you haven't already spent a lot more than $200 on a good quality optic and mount, a BUIS, and any other thing you might need like rails/lights/foregrips, then why would you need or want an M93 anyways?  There are plenty of things more important than the stock, and the standard 6-pos works good enough.  It's like someone who drives a Geo Metro whining that top end racing tires cost too much.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Pics have been posted of the UBR
What?  WHERE?  Or do you mean the CTR stock?

No, I did mean the UBR. IIRC, it's in the thread on the the CTR. I just saw it here today in this thread.

I justify the expense of the Magpul stock this way. I like collapsible stocks that are solid. A good, consistant cheek weld is important to a good, consistent sight picture which in turns leads to repeatable accuracy. The stock is the biggest part of the rifle at interfaces with my body so I want the most solid connection possible. I also like the preset ability but I already mentioned that in another post in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#23]
try one.....find out for yourself

i too was skeptical on its price tag (luckily i found a used one in the EE for WAY less that $200)

best AR stock out there imo...tight fit, super adjustable, sturdy, and EVIL
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Alright, now you're just getting downright silly. A stock cannot be evil or good. It is a tool and it is the user that is good or evil.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#25]

No, I did mean the UBR.

Thanks, Matt_B!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I may have a M93A-R [reinforced] in black for sale. I'd ask $205 shipped.
email/IM if interested

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I may have a M93A-R [reinforced] in black for sale. I'd ask $205 shipped.
email/IM if interested

Hey, this isn't the EE. Please keep your "WTS" ads out of here. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#28]
How can one tell the difference between the various variations of the M93? I'm in the market for a used one and want to be sure that I know what I'm getting up front.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry Matt... won't happen again!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright, now you're just getting downright silly. A stock cannot be evil or good. It is a tool and it is the user that is good or evil.

sorry: 'evil "looking" '
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top