Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:46:41 PM EDT
I just bought a new (to me) Bushmaster lower from one of the members here in NC. All the previous Bushmaster lowers I have seen begin with the prefix "L" before a 6 digit serial #. This lower has a 6 digit serial, but it is prefixed with "BFI". Who is the manufacturer of this lower? Any opinions as to the quality of these as opposed to the "L" marked ones? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
How to tell you have a bushy
BFI = bushmaster
if is has bushmaster on it = its a bushmaster
Bushmaster logo = bushmaster

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, thats an in house made lower...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]

For many years, Bushmaster had the lowers made by a subcontractor (those are the ones with the L prefix), but eventually, as their volume grew, they started to make them in-house as far as I understand it.  

Quality should be exactly the same.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#4]
All of the SEBR lowers are "L" lowers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Appreciate the feedback. This is the first one of these I have seen. The roll markings on the side are a little different (not quite as distinct) as the "L" prefix ones. It does appear to be well made, however.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top