Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:37:02 PM EDT
I've seen a variety of comments that suggest that many people do not think it's worthwhile to have a vertical grip mounted on the rails of a 20" rifles, if you have a scope and bipod on it.

I DO have my 20" rifles set up that way.  Just because the intent is to shoot it with the bipod extended, doesn't mean I might not shoot it offhand once in a while.

Do you think it's stupid, or a good idea, or "to each his own"?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It can assist you in many ways, I have a 24 bull barrel with a bipod under it and the thought of adding a VFG is starting to sound good. I do occasionally stand up and it would be nice to be able to use.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you like it and it works for you use it. To each his own so I am sure you know which way I voted.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you like it and it works for you use it. To each his own so I am sure you know which way I voted.

That's how I voted too, I've just become curious because some people seem to be quick to critisize it.  I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but I've noticed it several times in threads over the past couple of weeks, and so my curiosity got the better of me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd add a small ACE Deltrin (or Aluminum) K-Grip instead of a fullsize grip. You should only really need it for comfort in placing your hands on the weapon during bipod firing, but it's still functional for anything.

- rem
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
do what you need.

Make the rifle work for you, not the other way around!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
.... as long as the VG does not get in the way of a deployed bi-pod.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I think it's more useful than bipods, but then I think bipods are useless altogether
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Why not have the best of both worlds
http://www.grippod.com/

VFG and it converts to a Bipod.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck yeah, VFG helps me balance that weight.

Quoted:
Why not have the best of both worlds
http://www.grippod.com/

VFG and it converts to a Bipod.

Not for me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Use one leg of the bipod as your vfg.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Use one leg of the bipod as your vfg.

I don't think my arms are that long - the bipod is way out on the end of my 20" AR  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why not have the best of both worlds Grip Pod VFG and it converts to a Bipod.

This product is a compromise in the sense that most folks put their VFG close to the mag well and their bipod as close to the muzzle as possible. It fills a niche but it's still a compromise that some are not willing to make.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I actually like the Grippod the more I use it. It certainly wouldn't outperform a dedicated bipod; but for 7oz of weight you get a good grip and a passable bipod in one package. I'm running mine about 6-6.5" out on the rail. This is about the sweet spot between having good control with the VFG and good support with the bipod.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top