[#2]

Quoted:
Note the missing auto-sear pin.

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Note the missing auto-sear pin.

IIRC, the SDM-R calls for semi-auto only.  Sinister should be along to clarify.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Why the tape over the fiber optic?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#6]
were u seing a lot of DD FFs ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Zak Smith does the same thing. Something about the reticle being more visible at certain times of the day if it is black instead of illuminated.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I put tape over the fiber optic of my TA31F sometimes too.  At the range I shoot at, it's hard to see my targets with that chevron glowing so brite.  In the summer when the sun is high in the sky, it's not so bad but in the fall, the tall backstops cast a shadow over my black targets and you can't find them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It is a quick way to dim the reticle if it is too bright. You can also use a chunk of inner tube.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
anyone find the comedy in the fact that the army has to turn to CMP instructors for training beyond 300m?

how do you like the Armalite rifle? my DMR was just an A4 with a knights trigger and an SN-4 i purchased because there wasnt enough loopys and i didnt want an ACOG. what can you tell us about the barrel? muzzle device or target crown? profile? twist?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
anyone find the comedy in the fact that the army has to turn to CMP instructors for training beyond 300m?

Actually, if you look that the Department of Civilian Marksmanship's mission (the CMP's predecessor), one of the primary components was to have a ready reserve of highly trained marksmen to agument military rifle instruction.

Seems it's working fine 100 years later.

My understanding of the SDM-R is that it has a Douglas SS 20" 1/7 HBAR, A2 flash supressor, TASN-31 RCO, KAC two stage trigger, A2 stock, and Daniel Defense 12.0 FF.

I'm sure Sinister can add more, as he's in the program at Ft Benning.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#12]
The M4 appears to be in German? Something along the lines of that. Defiantely can't be english unless its mirrored or something.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The M4 appears to be in German? Something along the lines of that. Defiantely can't be english unless its mirrored or something.

what are you talking about
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It reads safe, semi, burst.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
You're reading it backwards...!

it says: burst semi safe
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#16]
It's just reversed because you're reading off of the right side of the lower.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Isn't that part of the reason the CMP was created in the first place?  As well as getting more civillians to shoot better so that when/if they ever needed to serve they'd wouldn't be completely clueless.  Well the second part isn't working out so well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#18]
On my screen semi looked like (SENN) and burst is unreadable.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top