Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:11:08 PM EDT
My friend just picked up a new Bushmaster M4A3 and it has a key hole looking mark right behind the shell deflector. I looked at my Bushmaster and mine doesn't have it. What does this mean?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Cerro forge mark
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cerro forge mark

+1

some of my bushmaster's have it and some have other markings, hell various uppers have it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]
From _DR's rollmarks and forge marks thread

pretty common

These markings denote the foundery that the receiver was originally forged.

There are several major companies providing raw forgings, including, but not limited to:

Cerro

Marrieta

Cardinal

Kaiser

Anchor Harvey
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My friend just picked up a new Bushmaster M4A3 and it has a key hole looking mark right behind the shell deflector. I looked at my Bushmaster and mine doesn't have it. What does this mean?

It means that the hobbits from lord of the rings made it in there little workshop on the other end of the enchanted forest!
OHH MY BAD JUST HAD A FLASH BACK

it just means its made by CERRO FORGE

HANNA
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top