Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:06:49 PM EDT
I was fully prepared to purchase a top of the line match rifle from Olympic Arms and told them so in an E-mail in which I had a question. No response. Zip, zilch, nada. Actually, they did me a favor since I decided to build my own. Hearing that they did make a fine armorers wrench, and not being very smart I ordered one. They called me the very next day to verify my credit card purchase. (No one on the planet does that. What does that tell you?)  That was a month ago. Did they respond to my what's up with my order? No, but they can call you direct the next day to process an order. I'm going to have a custom made barrel in hand before OLY can send me a wrench.
http://emoticons4u.com/cartoon/177.gif   OLY head of customer service. http://emoticons4u.com/cartoon/1217.gif    
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
m'kayyyyy.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Oly sucks....glad you didnt buy any of their crap.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, then if their customer service sucks, what kind of quality are their weapons?  I have an Oly AR on layaway and from what I'm reading in here, I'm starting to regret paying on it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok, then if their customer service sucks, what kind of quality are their weapons?  I have an Oly AR on layaway and from what I'm reading in here, I'm starting to regret paying on it.

Friend of mine has an Oly, and it's worked as well as any of my Bushmaster, Armalite, RRA, CMMG, etc.

A few of their older rifles has a bit of a reputation (especially the cast receivers), I believe - but my impression is that their current quality is fine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had an Oly for about 5 years and it works just as good as any of my others.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, I had the EXACT same experience concerning their Armorer's Wrench a couple of weeks ago.

Placed my order online, got a call to verify the CC 3 digit # on the back the next day or so.

I figured, okay, whatever, should be good now, eh?

Waited about a week and a half, and gave them a call as to when I could expect my wrench.

Erps, turns out they don't have any, something went bad in the forging process, won't have any for about 2 months.

Boy it sure would have been nice for the company to call and let me know instead of me having to call them and inquire as to the whereabouts of my product.

I ended up taking my upper and barrel to a local 'smith, figured they'd charge me about $40 and I was tired of waiting...

Called back the next day, I heard "he's a soldier, right?" in the background...

FREE.

Now, they are overpriced as hell, bought a SU16 for retail (OUCH!!!) from them about a year ago, but that kind of customer service goes a long way toward applying Preperation H to a sore bottom.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
top of the line match rifle from Olympic

Military intelligence
jumbo shrimp
Government Organization
rap music
adult male
sports scholarship
Alone Together
Personal Computer
Silent Scream
Living Dead
Same Difference
Taped Live
Plastic Glasses
Tight Slacks
Peace Force
Pretty Ugly
Head Butt
Working Vacation
Tax Return
Virtual Reality
Dodge Ram
Work Party
Healthy Tan
Microsoft Works
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
top of the line match rifle from Olympic

Military intelligence
jumbo shrimp
Government Organization
rap music
adult male
sports scholarship
Alone Together
Personal Computer
Silent Scream
Living Dead
Same Difference
Taped Live
Plastic Glasses
Tight Slacks
Peace Force
Pretty Ugly
Head Butt
Working Vacation
Tax Return
Virtual Reality
Dodge Ram
Work Party
Healthy Tan
Microsoft Works

+1

Almost Ready
Elementary Calculus
Governmental Efficiency
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top