Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:08:09 AM EDT
Should I go with the M4-profile 16" barrel w/ the nade launcher cut or should I just go with a standard 16" carbine barrel setup?

I do not plan to use/buy any type of launcher, so it'd be there only for "looks" if I did go with the M4 cut.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
That's totally up to you.  
I don't care for the cut myself.  Which is why I got a 16" w/o it.

I just don't like having the groove for a launcher that'll never be on it anyways.  Even if it takes a little weight off.  I went from a 20" to this, it feels light as a feather to me.  Depends on what you're used to, IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Right now my 24" AR-15 weighs 11 lb w/o a mag
Is that a heavy-barrel config?
Looks good!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks good!

I think the cut looks cool, but isn't functional for the most part. I don't have any use for the 37mm launcher or anything, and I'm not old enough for an m203.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks good!

Thanks, and yes it's a RockRiver 16" Hbar flat-top w/ handle purchased at Adco.  
It's really comfortable to shoot, I really like it.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm about to buy about the same thing from Adco.

Did he use the longer front sight post so it would zero properly with a DCH?
I asked him about it and I didn't get a reply. It would make sense for him to check it out before it leaves the shop seeing how it would have an A4 upper and an A2 front sight block.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]

9 pounds dead on fully loaded.

I am switching to a non cut 16 inch barrel.  Of course I have to have it custom made because I want certain things you cant get commercially.

Unless I went with a midlength.  But that would really kill my weight even more.

Personally I dont like the M203 cut.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top