Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 6:24:55 PM EDT
I live in Kalifornia.  I was thinking of getting one of the Bushmaster Carbon 15's.  Then a buddy told me that there is a loop hole for certain assault weapons.  It goes like this:

If you were to buy a Stag receiver that accepts mags, then register it as an assault weapon prior to that manufacturer being placed on the list, you then have a legal, registered, assault weapon.  

This seems to contradict the "Characteristics" law (PC 12276.1).  Though he was able to order and receive two receivers from Stag arms because they are not on the banned list.  He was told by Stag arms that Ca. was about to put them on the banned list, and they would no longer be able to ship.  He is under the impression that once he receives them, he can build a traditional M4.  I don't believe this is true, but stranger things have happened.  

Does anyone know anything about this?

P.S.  I'm newly registered to the site.  I've been checking it out for a couple weeks now.  Great site!  I think I'll hang around.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=267514

Look's like your guys' candle just got blown out today.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  That's what I thought, but I couldn't find the info.  I appreciate the quick response.

Don't worry, we're used to having our candles blown out in kalifornia!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top