Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:40:38 PM EDT
i recently bought a 6920 from a local dealer , i noticed that on the selector switch it says safe and semi. i have looked at some other 6920's and they say safe and fire. are my markings from a newer rifle or a older model? thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Colt 6920 and it is a Colt's Manufacture model, it is also marked SEMI, I just sold a 6920 Defense lower that was marked SAFE. Looks like SEMI marked ones were built at the same plant as the military models before Colt branched to 2 factories, Manufacture/Defense. Best I can come up with. Seems that the SEMI marked ones are the rarest, kinda like it.
Billy
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a LE6920 purchased in 1999, also marked safe/semi. I don't know the year they switched, but I "think" someone once said there are date codes on the barrel near the barrel nut, I don't have the rifle with me to check.  You might try the Colt threads in the Industry Forum  for more information.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My LE6920 made in 2005 is marked SAFE and FIRE.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My LE6920

Stamped with "Colt's Manufacturing" not "Colt Defense"
Stamped SAFE and SEMI - I also noticed that I do not have a front sight base with an F stamped on it.

The LE6920's are more desireable from a collectors point of view stamped with Colt's Manufacturing. Quite a few people here think that once the company split that they do not put the time they used to into the QC of the rifles -.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top