Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 8:47:34 PM EDT

How is the Troy MRF Forend holding up?  How stable is it for mounting optics?  Do the screws loosen up with use?  How does it compare to the Larue set up?  Anyone have both?

Thanks for any input.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
       I have both the 10" Troy and the 12" Larue. I've never mounted optics to either, but I have used rail mounted front sights with both and they held zero through 500+ rounds each, and still holding. Neither the screws on the troy nor the larue have not loosened up yet. Loctite is a good idea.
        The top rail on the troy goes right up to the upper reciever. It came with cut tango down rails that can slide over the clamp part. The bottom rail slides off. You can clean it out easier. On mine you can rattle the bottom rail back and forth a little bit but it's not bothersome.
        The Larue is a little bit more of a pain to install and line up, but it's solid. It seems to me that the larue provides for a slightly slimmer grip. I can't even really explain why I like the larue better, so i guess it just preference. They are both of excellent quality

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone else that had a rattle/loose fit lower rail from a Troy!  Go with Samson, Scott will hook you up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I would also go with Samson.  I've been impressed with the ones I've seen and used.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=271555
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
My mid length Troy was from maybe the first or second batch of mid lengths they shipped a couple years ago and hasn't given me any problems what so ever.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
i've got a MRF-C and its rock solid has over 1k of rounds through it and the bottom rail has zero play.

I dig it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Samsons rail system is lighter.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top