Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:20:52 PM EDT
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=22

Does this look like a good deal?  I want an AR but I don't wanna spend $800 plus.  Is Olypmic Arms a good company?  Do they make quality stuff?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
  I have never owned an Oly, so until someone with firsthand knowlege speaks up I will tell you that the countless posts I have read about them is that they are mediocre at best as far as quality and reliability.  Hard to beat that price and a lifetime warranty, though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have owned and continue to own 2.. Both are great rifles.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Oly gets a bad rap.  They make decent rifles.  The finish isn't the nicest, but it works.  I am sure one would serve you well, but I would look into building your own or putting two complete halves together.  You could put a complete Stag upper on a complete Stag lower for around $700, and you will have a nicer rifle than an Oly, or even RRA, Bushmaster, etc.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent. I've been really hoping for another "Is Olympic any good" thread. That said, I own an OA-93 carbine and have had nothing but good experience with it. The lifetime warranty is very nice even though you probably won't have to use it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an oly Stainless ultra match upper and a bushie lower, and it works flawlessly. oly makes a great product. life time warrenty and it will most likely never be needed, hell i live like 2 hours away from them, I like their reps that go to the local gun shows, they are great to talk to and usually have a complete a1 siting on the table for under $500
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My buddy has a Olympic Arms, and as far as I know, he has yet to have any problems with it what so ever. I've shot it a mulitude of times, and its never malfunctioned on me. Seems to be a solid, well built weapon, especially for the price.

Scout
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I like most of there stuff.  I have a Oly lower on my .50 Beo. Wulf.  The only thing that I did not like was the lower parts were sloppy.  The safety was sloppy and some of the springs were not coiled just right.  After I ordered a Colt lower parts kit for it, I also noticed the springs on the colt were coated or parkerized and the Oly stuff was shiny uncoated.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top