Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:27:35 PM EDT
What makes items MOLLE or ALICE compatible and how do these "systems" work / attach? Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
ALICE uses clips that go into eye lits on the belt. I don't have much experience with MOLLE, but frpom what I've seen at the surplus store, the MOLLE uses four loops to attach to the belt.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
How about range / carry bags with the mounting system and other items?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ALICE uses clips that go into eye lits on the belt. I don't have much experience with MOLLE, but frpom what I've seen at the surplus store, the MOLLE uses four loops to attach to the belt.

ALICE uses metal clips that attach and lock around the belt, not in the eyelets. The old WW2 era bayonet sheaths and canteen covers and such have wire prongs that attach into the eyelets.
MOLLE uses a system of nylon straps that can be weaved through attach points and fasten with a metal snap.

FWIW, ALICE was a nice concept, but in reality it was a PITA. If you have a belt that is too thick, the clips won't attach. If you have a worn pouch where the nylon has frayed or expanded some, the clips won't attach - or if they do attach, they can bend and bow out. ALICE clips wear out quickly and stop locking as they should. ALICE clips will eventually rust, and then you get a nice oxide residue on your gear. A real pain when you are trying to clear CIF.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Try HERE.

Gene
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top