Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:24:03 PM EDT
What is the most accurate 20 inch national Match barrel

The 3 i see are white oak SS Aramlites And bushmasters.

Also does the SS last alot less longer than the other two or are they about equal and how hard is it to put on of these barrels on upper. These last couple months have been my first experiences with ar15's although i did assembly my lower very easyily.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Krieger.  Bar none the best.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Krieger.  Bar none the best.

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
For the $$, you can't beat a WOA barrel.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know several High Masters using Wilson barrels from either WOA, or out of the box on Rock Rivers.

]
No doubt.  But he asked for the best, and Krieger is it.

Now, the extra accuracy of a Krieger may not be all that much more than a Pac-Nor or well made Wilson.  But they will certainly last longer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now, the extra accuracy of a Krieger may not be all that much more than a Pac-Nor or well made Wilson.  But they will certainly last longer.

But they dont last twice as long, and I can buy 2 wilsons for the price of 1 krieger.   The more I pay attention, I think the big dollar barrels have a place on the match rifles. The Tompkins/Gallaghers only shoot Krieger barrels.  I believe they are the best.
For a Service rifle, I see no benefit to a Krieger/Pac-Nor etc., over a Wilson.
The High Master scores by the likes of GySgt Watson, prove that its the singer, not the song.  

I agree with your math.  Which is why when the Wilson that came with my RRA burned out, I got another one.  This time from WOA.  

Took me to Master, and I'm pretty sure it will take me to DR and HM.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top