Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 6:48:32 PM EDT
Im looking buy a gas piston AR and need some advice--So, I came to the best place on the web.  Here’s what I found:

Robinson Armament XCR  - who knows when they will actually ship!   New, unproven design with only one company supplying parts.  Heard some bad things about their customer service and accuracy on some of their other guns

ZM  - previously owned a ZM and loved it.  They have a totally new design now.  I don’t know if they are as good as the old.

Leitner Wise - heard good things but they only have one design on their web page.  Don’t see that mounting a forward pistol grip is possible.  Called for info and just got an answering machine and never got called back.  Sign of bad customer support?  

DSA – GTC  looks good but I know nothing about DSA.  They any good?

ameetecarms.... same.. never heard of them

POF – broadest range of product.. heard both good and bad things about them.  

Anyone know the real scoop on these companies and their products?

Did I miss any company?  Ideas?  Suggestions?

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I own the DSA GTC ZM4, which is just a POF on a DSA lower.  I recommend it without reservation.  I get decent groups with it using Wolf 55gr.  No scrubbing the bolt after shooting with Wolf (or any other ammo) either.  It has three additional parts; op rod, gas piston, gas plug.  You can buy these separately as backup parts, which I am about to do.  All lower receiver parts and springs are standard, so that argument is a straw man.  

TS
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
David...why not try the Letiner-Wise and POF forums in the Industry section.

Or come see them at  SHOT.

Simon
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah.  The best response will be at our industry section here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Forward pistol grip?  Oh hell yes you can.  All LW guns.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Forward pistol grips?  You can have your steenkin forward pistol grips.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
tag for later.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:14:32 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks guys... I didnt know they were other sections   I will look for them
thanks for the pics of the LW

The only rifle and uppers in their site do not look like that so I did not realize they were available

I will be at SHOT but with my lack of knowledge between the companies, It hard to make a decision by just handling them.

I think its between POF and LW??   Any reliability or customer support issues?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top