Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 1:24:05 PM EDT
I sadly still live under a ban (Connecticut) and the A2 stock is just not fitting me well, its too long. So what are my options? I was thinking of something along the lines of maybe a fixed Ace stock but have not held one in person.  Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I sadly still live under a ban (Connecticut) and the A2 stock is just not fitting me well, its too long. So what are my options? I was thinking of something along the lines of maybe a fixed Ace stock but have not held one in person.  Any other ideas?

Best option is the Sully Stock.  It's about 8.5" long and fits most people.  It even comes with a 1" spacer to lengthen the stock to a bit shorter than an A1 stock.  I like these stocks and have one on my KISS carbine.

Of course there are surplus A1 stocks, and the modern repoductions made by Cav Arms (the C1 stocks).  These at least provide storage space.

And the Stubby Stock (about 7" long) can be used, with a spacer or with the Adjustable buttplate from Fulton-Armory.

Edited to add some photos:

Carbine with Sully Stock:

Carbine with Stubby stock and 1" spacer.  This ends up being about the same length as the Sully, but it's a bit lighter and if you use a A2 butplate you can get storage space.  However the stock is not as robust as the Sully stock.

Carbine with Stubby Stock and adjustable buttplate (fully collapsed).  Buttplate requires tools to adjust, and the buttplate can be adjusted for length, cant, and height - note the stock is not adjusted just the buttplate.  You lose the storage and this is the heaviest of the options.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the Sully Stock. A1 and A2 length stocks suck for anything other than bench or prone.

If you're on a budget, you can buy the RRA entry stocks cheap now and use an extended butt pad.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I sometimes use an A1 stock for 3 gun work.  I just put some grip tape on the buttplate and all is well.

I'll take a A1 stock over one of  those fixed colliable stocks any day.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get a CavArms A1 stock in black, tan or green.  I have monkey arms and need the A2 LOP.  Any of the above will work, just depends on how short you need it to be...

TS
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Move to Virginia.  Vote for good legislators.  Build one ***way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Move to Virginia.  Vote for good legislators.  Build one ***way.

If I move it will be to NH with the rest of my family
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top