Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 4:46:20 AM EDT
What do you all use in your high power rifles 1 or 2 stagers.  I would figure 2 would be better than one.  I am just haveing trouble finding a company that has one in stock for the large pin colts that is under $200.

Thanks,

Jason
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Rock river Arms has large pin two stager's for $135.00 according to their website.  www.rockriverarms.com

See other forum in the general section, competition shooting and the accurate AR,  for comments regarding this and other triggers.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my RRA two-stage.  Much better than a standard Mil-spec single stage.  I bet there are better triggers out there, but I haven't had a chance to mess with others.

For the price, I bet you can't beat RRA 2-stage.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would figure 2 would be better than one.  I am just haveing trouble finding a company that has one in stock for the large pin colts that is under $200.

If you're interested in getting involved in High Power competition, then you'll want to a two stage trigger.  For the money, the RRA trigger is hard to beat, however, the large pin versions are supposedly hard to come by and require the sear block to be removed from the lower.  The two stage Jewell and Armalite triggers will supposedly install with the sear block in place, however, the Jewell is a bit pricey and I don't believe that the large pin Armalite is still in production...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Two stage triggers have been standard on US military rifles until the M16 showed up.  I find a non-adjustable two stage like Rock River's superior to a single stage in every conceivable way and I find no reason to have a shitty, gritty, heavy single stage trigger on any AR, regardless of its purpose.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
You practically NEED a 2 stage for your off hand.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]
whats a good trigger for a QCB/SHTF rifle?  I was looking into two stage triggers like the Giessele (sp?) but honestly have no idea which one to get.  I really just want an upgrade from my bushmaster trigger.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#7]
2 stage for HP

"whats a good trigger for a QCB/SHTF rifle? I was looking into two stage triggers like the Giessele (sp?) but honestly have no idea which one to get. I really just want an upgrade from my bushmaster trigger."
Most here will say the one that is in the rifle.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
whats a good trigger for a QCB/SHTF rifle?  I was looking into two stage triggers like the Giessele (sp?) but honestly have no idea which one to get.  I really just want an upgrade from my bushmaster trigger.  

ADCO sells a modified RRA 2-Stage that has a reliability upgrade.

adcofirearms.com/itemdetails.cfm?inventorynumber=3952
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
require the sear block to be removed from the lower

Negative!  My large pin RRA 2-stage went in with the sear block in place.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Most people on here say the stock trigger is best for a "SHTF" gun -- i.e. a gun you bet your life on.  But I wouldn't want to be stuck with an 8-10lb trigger either.  The Accuracy Speaks single-stage is the only one I've heard recommended for serious use.  You could also have a gunsmith work on your BM's trigger.   Mine did a nice job for $65, but I probably could have done the same work for free, now that I know about the 15-minute trigger job.  He modifed the springs and got to about 4 lbs, but you might not want to mess with the springs.

The conventional wisdom is that single-stage (like the stock trigger, JP, and Accuracy Speaks) are "faster" because they have shorter travel to reset and 2-stage (like RRA, Jewell, KAC, Giesselle) are for "precision" because they fool your finger into thinking they're lighter than they are.  The only 2-stage I've shot is my dad's stock RRA and the stages are balanced backwards so it doesn't really feel like a 2-stage but more like a single-stage with a lot of take-up.  Still lighter than the stock BM trigger he had before though.

From the High Power forum it sounds like the RRA is the best value, as long as you get one tuned by John Holliger.  Others like the Gisselle, Jewell, and KAC are deemed better, but at higher cost too.

Quoted:
ADCO sells a modified RRA 2-Stage that has a reliability upgrade.
adcofirearms.com/itemdetails.cfm?inventorynumber=3952

That's different than the "tuned" RRA trigger then?  

This part:

an overtravel stop to eliminate almost 50% of the take up
must be a typo.  I don't see how an overtravel stop could affect the take-up.  That would be a pretravel stop.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Jewell 2 stage no complaints
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I just installed a Geissele trigger this weekend on my NM RRA.

.  Just .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

.  Just .

god damn it
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.  Just .

god damn it

Go check out my review here.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

.  Just .

Well sell me your RRA 2 stage !!

rj
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't shoot comp but I wouldn't want anything but the RRA 2S now that I have one.  My first RRA lower had the worst trigger I have ever experienced. Long, stiff, gritty. Just terrrible.   My untuned RRA 2S is pretty nice for hunting, targets, plinking.   I just ordered a Superior blem from RB for a plinker and I am going to have to do some polish and tweaking on the trigger bits in the LPK I have.

rj
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.  Just .

Well sell me your RRA 2 stage !!

rj

Negative.  I'm keeping that for a carbine build.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#18]
i love my RRA 2 stage, i cant stand shooting with out it now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i love my RRA 2 stage, i cant stand shooting with out it now.

+1

I have one in each rifle including my .308 DPMS LR

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top