Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 5:31:34 PM EDT
I just came back from Texas where I picked up a LMT rifle (pics to follow) that I bought from Pete @ Legal Transfers.  When I took the rifle to the range I noticed somethings that I never notice with my Bushmaster.  Here go the things that I noticed:

1. The part of my LMT buis that holds the rear aperture has a slight swivel to it.  I was wondering if this is normal.

2. The rifle came with an enhanced bolt and enhanced bolt carrier and when I fired Mk262 Mod1 it double fed every-time I put in a new  magazine.  When I used Hornday 75gr TAP the bolt didn't lock back when the magazine was emptied.  I was wondering what was causing this.  I've read that the enhanced bcg from LMT is hit or miss when using anything other than M855 and was also wondering if this was causing the problem.

3. Please pardon my ignorance, but what does it mean when the FSB is canted.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and please don't bash LMT, it is a great product.

Thank You,

Marco
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
most of all my rear sight assy have the same swivel, its under spring tension.

try different mags with your rifle.

canted is when its not straight and requires a lot of windage adjustment on the rear sight to compensate.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
most of all my rear sight assy have the same swivel, its under spring tension and doesnt appear to have the one detent ball on the ears (i dont know how to explain it).

canted is when its not straight and requires a lot of windage adjustment on the rear sight to compensate.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
most of all my rear sight assy have the same swivel, its under spring tension and doesnt appear to have the one detent ball on the ears (i dont know how to explain it).

So is this normal or not?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
all of mine have the spring and ball detent holding the rear sight, so yes it is normal.

majority of my rifles are bushmaster, why didnt you compare with your bushmaster?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is this normal or not?

Sorry, yeas its normal, I am agreeing with every EK said.  Mine does the same thing.

And 99% of the time failure to feed probelms are with the magazine not the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
all of mine have the spring and ball detent holding the rear sight, so yes it is normal.

majority of my rifles are bushmaster, why didnt you compare with your bushmaster?

I just called my brother back home and he just let me know that the bushy does it also.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And 99% of the time failure to feed problems are with the magazine not the rifle.

I'll try this next time I'm in Texas.  What about the bolt not locking when the magazine is emptied?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And 99% of the time failure to feed problems are with the magazine not the rifle.

I'll try this next time I'm in Texas.  What about the bolt not locking when the magazine is emptied?

I am not an expert, but it really sounds magazine related.

The magazine follower activates the bolt hold open.  Plus you are having double feed problems.  Try some brand new quality magazines and see if your problems go away.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I was using Colt 30 round mags but I'll try some D&H w/ magpul followers
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#10]
You shouldn't have got the enhanced bolt/carrier. The original is fine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like weak spring in the mag not pushing the follower up hard enough to lock  the bolt back .
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#12]
If you have any problems after trying new mags with the bolt locking back, just give Gene a call @ LMT and he will do whatever it takes to fix the problem.  He is very customer friendly as is everyoneI'vedealt with at their company
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#13]
good mags with wolff springs. most of you problems sound like mag problems

also did you get the enhanced bcg with the two extractor springs or just a simple enhanced bcg with the norm.
think there were issues with the enhanced lmt bolt about it being picky of what kind of ammo you fed it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#14]
The front sight on my LMT upper is canted way to the left.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#15]
If you guys are having problems with your LMT stuff, call them,get a rmo# and send it back to have it repaired or replaced. They are very customer oriented and they will fix it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you guys are having problems with your LMT stuff, call them,get a rmo# and send it back to have it repaired or replaced. They are very customer oriented and they will fix it.

they are awesome when it comes to cutomer service.

I bought a used LMT BUIS that would not snug up on any upper recevier I tried it on, it was always loose.  I sent it back on their dime and they shipped me a brand new one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
good mags with wolff springs. most of you problems sound like mag problems

also did you get the enhanced bcg with the two extractor springs or just a simple enhanced bcg with the norm.
think there were issues with the enhanced lmt bolt about it being picky of what kind of ammo you fed it.

It's an enhanced bolt and an enhanced bolt carrier.  I was also using Mk262 and 75gr TAP.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Even though my FSB was canted, I was still able to zero it. I almost ran out of room on my Larue BUIS. No big deal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top