Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 1:39:55 PM EDT
I am thinking of buying a DPMS Panther Lite. The price is good but I haven't used them before. I have always had Colt Match Target & Accurized Rifles before. Will I be happy with it? Anybody's input is welcome.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Try doing a search or just look back a few days, there was a big thread on DPMS just a few days ago.  It's like Olympic Arms, about once or twice a month someone starts a "What do you think about DPSM/Oly" thread and a 10 page thread forms and after about the 3rd page it devolves into a name calling contest.

I have no personal experience with owning a DPMS product, but a shooting buddy of mine has one of their standard rifles and except for the worst trigger pull I've ever felt on an AR it seems to work fine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
i have used there lower reciever in a few builds and the lowers are great, other parts that i have used i would rather not mention or comment on.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone has an opinion, opinions are like a**holes, every one has one, and they all stink!  My opinion is that they are great rifles.  I have sold many hundreds to over a thousand.  If sold my lowers and lower parts kits than that.  I have assembled too many to count.  DPMS and Ameetec are the only two receivers I have never had a problem with.  I have only had 30 Ameetec so that is a very small example.  Some parts kits have parts with different colors.  Rarely the take down pins have burrs.  I only use DPMS Lower Parts Kits.  Customers have brought me others to assemble for them, I don't keep up with any brands though.  Finish is the best of any AR15.  DPMS annodizes them and the moly teflon coats them.  Fit is as good as anyone else.  I usually have between 30 to 50 rifles in stock at any one time and 50 to no receivers depending on when you drop by.  I challange any neysayers to come by and show me the poor fit and finish.  And yes, I understand this has nothing to do with how the rifle functions.  The RFA2-L16 is a nice entry rifle, perfect for your first AR.  It is the least expensive in DPMS' line of rifles.  It does have an A1 upper though.  You can get it chrome lined as an option.  That was good enough for me in the Marine Corps.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they are great rifles.

I only own Colt and DPMS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to see the thread that was started at the beginning of the year that was asking what the most asked question of the year was going to be. I said questions about DPMS quality. Too bad I didn't get to bet money on it. There are plenty of the threads to go through if you search back this one month. And by the way, I like DPMS products, no problems to report.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]
DPMS.                                                              Good.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Love my DPMS M4gery....

Haters be gone!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Everyone has an opinion, opinions are like a**holes, every one has one, and they all stink!  My opinion is that they are great rifles.  I have sold many hundreds to over a thousand.  If sold my lowers and lower parts kits than that.  I have assembled too many to count.  DPMS and Ameetec are the only two receivers I have never had a problem with.  I have only had 30 Ameetec so that is a very small example.  Some parts kits have parts with different colors.  Rarely the take down pins have burrs.  I only use DPMS Lower Parts Kits.  Customers have brought me others to assemble for them, I don't keep up with any brands though.  Finish is the best of any AR15.  DPMS annodizes them and the moly teflon coats them.  Fit is as good as anyone else.  I usually have between 30 to 50 rifles in stock at any one time and 50 to no receivers depending on when you drop by.  I challange any neysayers to come by and show me the poor fit and finish.  And yes, I understand this has nothing to do with how the rifle functions.  The RFA2-L16 is a nice entry rifle, perfect for your first AR.  It is the least expensive in DPMS' line of rifles.  It does have an A1 upper though.  You can get it chrome lined as an option.  That was good enough for me in the Marine Corps.

so yours falls in the same category as well right?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so yours falls in the same category as well right?

Exactly.  Although I have a lot of experience behind mine.  I have offered to open my entire inventory for anyone to show me poor fit and finish on a DPMS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems that everyone that HATES DPMS rifles knows about 10 people that have had nothing but crappy rifles from them. I don't buy it! I have nothing but great experiences with DPMS rifles and parts etc. I even know a few people that also have never had any problems with them. I don't know anyone personally that has had a problem with tehm.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a DPMS M4.  Two ammo related problems and maybe a couple of magazine related problems.  I have encountered ZERO problems due to the actual carbine or any of its DPMS parts...

TS
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I to am left-handed and building up a collection of DPMS products. First purchase was a 20" HBAR pre band upper purchased on GunBroker.com. I was warned about the weight, but the parts where worth $350.00.  Later purchased a excellent lower from FlyingFive with all the M-16 parts inside.

I am now in Federal Prison doing 10 years !       Just kidding.

Althought I did replace a few parts just to be on the safe side.

Yesterday I received my Yankee Hill upper and going out to shoot it as soon as I get off the computer.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top