Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 10:00:08 PM EDT
Has any one had bad luck with there stag ambi safty selector? I installed mine and when I tighten down the screw for the right side of the switch I can't actuate the selector. I have to have it so loose that I can wiggle it for it to move. Any help would be great
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
That doesn't make any sense. The screw merely goes into the body of the selector. Are you sure you have the hammer cocked when you install it? Are you sure the detent is installed properly?

I've used 4 of these things without any problems at all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The hammer was cocked and the detent was installed properly. When I took the selector out again, the detent and groove that the detent sits in on the selector were gouged up. It almost seems that when I tighten the allen screw it is pulling the selector to the right and causing it to bind with the detent.

Quoted:
That doesn't make any sense. The screw merely goes into the body of the selector. Are you sure you have the hammer cocked when you install it? Are you sure the detent is installed properly?

I've used 4 of these things without any problems at all.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#4]
what brand is your lower?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the safety lever bent? Is the selector pushed all the way through? I guess you should call Stag.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Stag lower and a stag ambi selector

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Stag lower and a stag ambi selector

Quoted:

You could either try it on another lower or try another ambi selector.

I have no problems with my two Stag ambi selectors, they both fit and functions good with my Colt and LMT lowers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got two of them, one in a Stag lower and one in an Oly lower, both fit and work fine.  I agree, call and ask, maybe you got a bum part.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input. I called stag and they are sending me a new one no questions asked. I have delt with them more than once and I have to say that there customer sevice is some of the best I have seen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Just had the same issue with my new ambi selector from Stag as well. Tried installing it in an Armalite lower and got the same problem. I think the detent groove on the selector was machined a little too far outboard on mine, so when I tighten the right lever on, it bottoms out against the lower. Hoping Stag will get one out to me quickly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the same issue with mine as well.  If you look close, the groove will have a bur that causes the detent to get hung up. I used a small file to knock the edge down and it works like it should now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had the same issue with mine as well.  If you look close, the groove will have a bur that causes the detent to get hung up. I used a small file to knock the edge down and it works like it should now.

Hey Shark-- was your burr inside the groove, or more like at the ends (the drilled spots)?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I called Stag and they sent me a new one and tested it in a lower before they sent it. They didn't make me send back the old one and they didn't charge a dime for it. I would just call them and they will take care of you.
I did a little work on the one that didn't work and now it works fine so I have 2 stag ambi selectors for the price of one. One in my stag and one in my colt.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:45:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Shark-- was your burr inside the groove, or more like at the ends (the drilled spots)?

The bur was at the end by the drilled spot. The detent would get stuck in the hole, I could move the selector from fire to safe but not back to fire.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top