BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:49:05 PM EDT
FrankenGun Problem

Barrel : Bushmaster 14.5 + Y- Comp MB
Upper  : Unknown Manufactuer A2
Lower  : Olympic Arms....out of spec(tight magwell)
Lower P: DMPS
Bolt   : DPMS
Stock  : Unknown manufactuer 4 position stock

The Problem:

On random occasions, when the charging handle is pulled back, the bolt will only go back 1\4 of an inch and ride firmly on the bolt catch.

I then have to push the forward assist and re-cycle the bolt and then 90% of the time it works as designed.

I have tested 5 mags.

3 USGI all new

2 Brit steel all new.

The gun is not picky as to any mag. as it is completely random. However the lower is a tight fit with a majority of the mags.

Is it possible that i used the wrong spring for the bolt catch? Or just a shitty lower?

any info would be great.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the bolt catch/release "sticky" when just depressing it with no mag?  In other words, I am thinking that maybe the bolt catch is sticking in the "Hold open" position, causing it to ride.  

I hope that the above statement makes sense....it is 1 am afterall.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes the receiver end plate of a telestock located at the back of the lower can stick up to high and stop the charging handle from going backwards unless you are pulling up on the handle so it go go over the high part of the plate. Also once i saw a sp1 style carrier that the milled ramp portion on the bottom of the carrier was so wide when an empty mag rasied the bolt catch and the carrier was pulled back the bolt catch would wedge in the milled portion of the carrier.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sometimes the receiver end plate of a telestock located at the back of the lower can stick up to high and stop the charging handle from going backwards unless you are pulling up on the handle so it go go over the high part of the plate. Also once i saw a sp1 style carrier that the milled ramp portion on the bottom of the carrier was so wide when an empty mag rasied the bolt catch and the carrier was pulled back the bolt catch would wedge in the milled portion of the carrier.

+1...That one had me scratching my head for a while once...LL
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sometimes the receiver end plate of a telestock located at the back of the lower can stick up to high and stop the charging handle from going backwards unless you are pulling up on the handle so it go go over the high part of the plate.

Also once i saw a sp1 style carrier that the milled ramp portion on the bottom of the carrier was so wide when an empty mag rasied the bolt catch and the carrier was pulled back the bolt catch would wedge in the milled portion of the carrier.

This was the problem.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top