Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:55:27 PM EDT
195$  I thought price was supposed to be under the MSRP they posted during T and E.  No thanks.  I'll stick with my TDI. Same thing, half price.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
no one else is gonna join me at ludicrous?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Got mine today, overpriced perhaps but not too bad considering.
Just to estimate some other options. A Harris swivel bipod costs $80 to over $100 add a Knights mount and you are adding another $30+ to the total price, or add an ARMS mount you are talking $70+ or add a Larue you are talking around $80. Add a pod lock and you are looking at another $20+ So you can quickly be looking at anywhere from $120 to close to $200.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Got mine today, overpriced perhaps but not too bad considering.
Just to estimate some other options. A Harris swivel bipod costs $80 to over $100 add a Knights mount and you are adding another $30+ to the total price, or add an ARMS mount you are talking $70+ or add a Larue you are talking around $80. Add a pod lock and you are looking at another $20+ So you can quickly be looking at anywhere from $120 to close to $200.

TDI.  I have it. same thing but thinner legs BUT with finer adjestment capabilities.  Only improvement I can think of is making it QD.  IF TD is QD that's one thing.  is it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Whoa!

I can think of a lot of things to spend $200 on.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, all your choices include the work overpriced.  Nice selection.

I for one think that, for what you get, that is a good price.  They put a lot of R&D into it so I would expect a higher price.

Plus, if you want one now you are going to pay the premium for getting one.  The price may eventually settle to around $170 or less once more and more dealers get into the market and/or it falls out of favor.

I for one would buy one right now if it came in their DE color.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Bipods are overrated anyways; I prefer to use a Harris with an adapter on the Troy FRC I'll install soon. Until then, a good prone unsupported firing position will suffice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have a link with some pics of this thing?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]

+1
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
no one else is gonna join me at ludicrous?

I'm with ya.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1

Buy it here (with pics).
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow, all your choices include the work overpriced.  Nice selection.

I for one think that, for what you get, that is a good price.  They put a lot of R&D into it so I would expect a higher price.

Plus, if you want one now you are going to pay the premium for getting one.  The price may eventually settle to around $170 or less once more and more dealers get into the market and/or it falls out of favor.

+1

I for one would buy one right now if it came in their DE color.  

+87!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is some more discussion on the TD bipod

I am still not sure what I am going to get yet, which is typical.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#14]
= 195$

= 95$

I ahve the TDI and can only see room for one improvement, amking it QD somehow.  the legs are padded to use as grips and also so that when folded it is comfortable.  the legs extend and retract like Harris, but then you can screw them or unscrew them further for minute adjestment.  Is it perfect? no?  Is it worth 100$.  yes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:05:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:57:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I've got the Tango Down bipod. I've had it for a week or so now and I'm not unhappy with the $200 I spent. It's good at what it does. It fits great. Some may have issues with certain light/mount combos. For the record, I've got a Pentagon X3 and Daniel Defense Offset Light Mount and there is JUST enough clearance for everything to work properly. This was a gamble when I ordered, I didn't know if they were going to work together, but they do. The main selling point for me was no springs exposed.

At the end of the day, the Tango Down piece is a well engineered bipod. It is a great piece of kit and they will sell a metric shit ton, even at what some consider to be "overpriced". It's funny to me that people with more money in accessories hanging off their rifle than what the rifle actually cost will balk at $200 for a bipod from a company with as good a reputation as Tango Down. Are there other bipods out there that can be had for cheaper? Yes. Are these cheaper bipods as good as Tango Down? Probably. Buy what you want. I, for one, am happy with the Tango Down.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#17]
None of the above.

A well made product that you can trust your life to is worth every penny.

Where is the TDI made?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#18]
The TD is not competing with the harris, They are in different classes and they cannot be compared as they are here.  Saying that:

"The cost of a Harris 6-9 swivel model W/LT mount is about $170. "  IS the tango down a QD bipod?  no.  so why ad that to the price?  

The TD has only one competitor and that's the TDI.  

The TD looks MUCH sturdier than the TDI, but at a price.  The TDI is much more out of the way when folded.  In all, if they were the same price, and if I were interested in popping this on a M4-length rifle only, then I'd definitely hit the TD.  

But....

When these were being tested and hyped that price was being touted as MSRP only and that the actual would be significantly lower.

TDI is made in Israel.

ETA: I'm not one to skimp on accesories.  not at ALL.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's my TDI:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top