Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:00:25 PM EDT
Hi all, this is my first post and i had some questions about purchasing an AR10 and I've always thought the m4 was a freakin hot gun so i figured i might as well kill my deer in style. I really like the look of the armalite ar10 a2 carbine but it doesnt look like the battle sights come off.  Would i be better off going with the a4 flatop?  Can you put battle sights on the flatop?  Eccentially i would like to have the option of shooting with or without a scope.  And for accuracy purposes would a match trigger be a good idea?  This is just my assumption but it seems that a match trigger is a lighter trigger pull please correct me if thats way off (couldnt really find much info on them).    I would enjoy being able to have the most accuracy available with this rifle for target shooting, but if a match trigger is overkill please let me know.  All together im an AR noob and any other helpful advice in purchasing one of these badboys would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Many if not most here would tell you the ideal AR is the 16" carbine flat-top (A3 or A4 - same thing) with a chrome lined chamber/bore with a 1/7 or 1/9 twist

This set up allows more possibilities than almost any other

Optics abound, ammo range is vast, and comes in a very manageable size.

Trigger changes - in my opinion, would only be after you used the factory number and found what you did and did not like

Welcome aboard and good luck with your choice!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget to visit the AR-10 Forum.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top