Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 7:38:30 AM EDT
I picked up a Mint condition bushmaster pre-ban AR-15 this weekend at a gunshow (pics when I get home).

But I need to switch out the standard safety on it for an ambidextrious (sp) and I'm having an issue with the swap.

I removed the pistol grip to take the detent spring and detent out. I can slide the selector out about 1/8 of an inch but then it catches on what looks like the trigger assy. How can I remove it without removing the FCG? I don't really feel comfortable yet with pulling the FCG.

Thanks for the help Gents.

Georgia
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
cock the hammer, switch the safety halfway inbetween safe and fire and pull it out
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I'll give that  a shot when I hit the house this evening.

Georgia
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top