BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 5:57:17 PM EDT
I am trying to decide if I should go with a
LMT Enhanced or non BCG
Whats the differeances or the pros and cons of these????????????
building a 16in lmt upper if it makes a differance
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It is only designed to work with M855.  I would get the Leitner Wise Advanced Combat Bolt if you want the advantages of the LMT bolt but better machining and reliability.  Other than that get a good quality milspec bolt like Colt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
i have never had any problems with any of my std bcg.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Also the enhanced carrier of the LMT has 3 vent holes instead of 2.  That can be an issue if you dont use ammo with enough oomph.  Id pass on the carrier and the bolt as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Go with the standard LMT or MP tested CMT with either semi-auto or M16 carrier.

I'm using a M16 LMT BCG on my LMT 16" Defender 2000 carbine and I have no problems so far.

I also never had any problems with my standard semi-auto BCG in my other and former ARs.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top